[Adventure] The Lost Treasure of House Cannith (Judge: Evilbob)

LadyLaw

First Post
Round 12

The ooze is beginning to look thinner, like you're really wearing it out and it is struggling to hold it's shape. It lashes out again at the elf that has plagued it so, slamming him to the ground once more. Then, it glides across the field toward fresher prey.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Ooze:
Cloud Drift recharge roll: 1d6=3
Standard: Slam Kaelan - 1d20+7=23 -2 is 21 (forgot my -2 again) vs. Fort for 2d8+4=19 necrotic damage
Move: to K-L 11-12
[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain and other Environment Info]Trees & Rocks: Provide cover in the normal way. You can stand in the squares that have branches in them, but not the actual rocks or tree trunks, unless the rock is in only a tiny fraction of the square.

The Mist: Is a bit like a thick fog. Any creature more than 20 feet away is considered to have concealment unless you have blindsight.

There is no difficult terrain or anything. Just a road with a lot of low, dead grass around it. The map is attached. I apologize for my abysmal drawing skills. If you need clarification on what anything is, please ask.[/sblock]

[sblock=Monster Knowledge Check: Dungeoneering 15]These are all aberrant creatures. You recognize the tentacle covered humanoid as something called a dolgaunt. The small, 2-headed creatures appear to be dolgrim, and you've heard that warriors of their ilk lurk in The Mournlands. The large ooze is more of a mystery, but you think it may be what the stories refer to as living darkness. It is certainly large an black enough to have earned the name.
[sblock=Dungeoneering 20]You've heard that the dolgaunt can suck the life from a person with its long tentacles.
The dolgrim are simple creatures, from what you remember, but very strong. You also remember a story about each head seeming to act on its own.
Living darkness isn't something many people have encountered and lived to tell about. You suspect that, like most other ooze creatures you've encountered in your travels, it will attempt to absorb its prey.
[sblock=Dungeoneering 25]Living darkness is immune to gaze and poison effects, and it's jelly-like nature seems to make most attacks less effective than normal. It is known to be vulnerable to radiant damage.
The dolgrim, with their warring heads, are likely weak against psychic attacks.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Monster Status]Tentacles: Dead

2-Heads 1: Dead

2-Heads 2: Dead

Ooze:
HP: 12/168 AC: 18 Fort: 17 Ref: 19 Will: 18
Conditions: Bloodied, Anyone who hits it regains 4HP, Grants CA to Kaelan
[/sblock]

[sblock=Player Status]Kaelen:
HP: -4/41 Surges: 7/9 AP: 0 MI Daily Uses: 1
Conditions: dying

Karananak:
HP: 45/45 (+3) Surges: 11/11 AP: 0 MI Daily Uses: 1
Conditions: (failed 1 death save)

Thalin:
HP: 34/43 (+3) Surges: 9/10 AP: 0 MI Daily Uses: 1
Conditions:

Colgrave:
HP: 32/32 (+3) Surges: 6/6 AP: 1 MI Daily Uses: 1
Conditions:

Experiment 354b:
HP: 24/40 Surges: 9/9 AP: 1 MI Daily Uses: 0
Conditions:
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter 1 - Round 12.jpg
    Encounter 1 - Round 12.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 63

Mezegis

First Post
Thalin slashes out at the ooze, his frustration growing as his companions fall.

[sblock=Mechanics]Warsong Strike: 1d20+11=28 1d8+6=14 Hit for 14 damage. Heal 4. LadyLaw, you missed Thalin healing last round, HP should be at 42+3/43 now after the hit this round[/sblock]
[sblock=Persistent Effects]Hitting Ooze heals 4 and grant 3 THP. Will use brooch daily to grant first dfiled death save a reroll with +2[/sblock]

[sblock=Thalin's Stats]Thalin - Half Elven Bard 4
Passive Perception 17, Passive Insight 19
AC 20, Fort 16, Reflex 17, Will 18
HP 42+3THP/43, Bloodied 21, Surge Value 10, Surges 9/10
Speed 5, Initiative +2
Action Points: 0, Second wind
At-Will Powers: Warsong Strike, Vicious Mockery
Encounter Powers: Commander's Strike, Healer's Gift, Inspiring Refrain, Cunning Ferocity,Majestic Word [X] [X]
Daily Powers: Stirring Shout, Song of Courage
Racial Features: Lowlight vision, Dilettante, Group Diplomacy
Class Features: Bardic Training, Bardic Virtue, Majestic Word, Multiclass versatility, Skill versatility, Song of Rest, Words of Friendship [/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Round 12:

Karananak steps back carefully from the nearly dead ooze diagonally to make it have to choose which of the party to go after. "I an I be tinkin dis be dee en doh yuh rope foal ting." The mist around him swirls as another blast of freezes the ooze in its tracks after sliding it away from Thalin. The crystalized bits of the creature glimmer in the dismal light that penetrates the syruppy fog.
[sblock=Actions]Free: Speak
Minor:
Move: Shift to (J,14)
Standard: Chill Wind vs Fort (centered on K,11)(1d20+11=20, Cold dmg=14)) and sliding the ooze to (K,10-L,11)[/sblock][sblock=Swarmwhisper]Karananak Bole—Male Wilden Druid 4; Resist 5 Fire, (Resist 4 Melee/Ranged in Beast Form)
Initiative: +2, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 22
AC: 17, Fort: 18, Reflex: 15(17 in beast form), Will: 19 — Speed: 6
HP: 45+3/45, Bloodied: 22, Surge: 11, Surges left: 10/11
Action Points: 0/1, Second Wind: Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Savage Rend
Locust Swarm
Chill Wind

Scattered Form
Voyage of the Ancients/Wrath of the Destroyer*/Pursuit of the Hunter
Battering Claws

Summon Pack Wolf
Healing Infusion

Item Powers:
Beast Hide Armor (Encounter: Shift 2 in beast form)

Character Sheet
[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Ah the sweet sound of average to hit rolls, and max damage to boot! Holy crapoly we survive![sblock=Translation]I'm thinking this is the end of your rope foul thing.[/sblock][/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
Karananak's hit last blast of cold air seems to be too much for the ooze. The thing freezes up and crumbles, leaving a trail of broken pieces where it slid across the ground.

GM: Queue the music. The enemies have all been defeated. Nice work, guys. :)

Mezegis

First Post
As the ooze’s frozen form shatters and scatters to the four winds, Thalin rushes to Kaelen’s side, checking for a pulse and clearing away the ooze covering his face. Leaning over the elf’s prone form, the bard begins rhythmically compressing his chest and breathing air into his lungs. After a few minutes, the elf comes to, battered, bruised, but alive.

Fetching the drum from his pack, Thalin begins a slow percussive beat, that seems to harmonize with everyone’s pulse, everyone quickly finds their spirits lifting after such a vicious fight.

[sblock=Heal check] 1d20+8=28Life, you has it! Using Song of Rest, Surges used heal +4[/sblock]

Otakkun

Explorer
As Kaelan's consciousness returns, a mad bout of coughing takes over the elf. Only after a minute or so his lungs finish cleaning the ooze he had breathed on that last, almost fatal attack form the monster.

"Cough, cough... remember me not draw the attention of another ooze in my lifetime ... gah, this stuff tastes worst than goblin grub."

Getting his bearings back, the first thing he does is thank everyone for getting him back alive.

"I was almost gone there, thanks for the help." he then takes a deep breath and continues speaking. "While I would love to take a long rest, here's not the place for such a thing. Let's take 5 and then we have to keep on moving. We also need to find another way to fight, as I won't be able to take point again, at least not until I get some strength back into my body"

OOC: It's going to take 5 out of my 7 remaining healing surges to get back to full HP. Does anyone got any healing powers to cut down the surge use?

hornedturtle

First Post
OOC: Unfortunately 354b can't help you cut down that healing surge use but why will it take more than 4? you get 1/4 of you max hit points for each surge and Thalin is adding +4 to each surge.

Near where Thalin is playing his song 354b pauses for a moment and when he is finished he looks better off.

OOC: 354b will use 1 healing surge during the short rest bringing him back up to 38hp

Remove ads