[Adventure] The Lost Treasure of House Cannith (Judge: Evilbob)

Mezegis

First Post
Thalin looks over the safe but a moment, and then reaches out and starts spinning the dial. After going back and forth a few times, he attempts to open the safe door, but it doesn’t budge. Kaelen, he calls back down the far hall, we may need your lock picking skills up here.

[sblock=Mechanics]No chance of making the perception, so no roll. Thievery to open the safe: 1d20+6=9 Yep, it’s a safe.[/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
As Thalin fiddles ineffectually with the lock, a familiar hiss is heard and poison gas pours forth from around the safe, filling up the room. The three companions choke as they are surprised by the sudden fog.

[sblock=mechanics]Poison gas trap vs fortitude:
on Colgrave - 1d20+6=14
on Thalin - 1d20+6=20
on 354b - 1d20+6=22

for 1d10=6 poison damage each.[/sblock]

[sblock=PC status]
Kaelan:
HP: 31/41 Surges: 4/9 AP: 0 MI Daily Uses: 1
Conditions:

Karananak:
HP: 26/45 Surges: 9/11 AP: 0 MI Daily Uses: 1
Conditions:

Thalin:
HP: 41/43 Surges: 8/10 AP: 0 MI Daily Uses: 1
Conditions:

Colgrave:
HP: 13/32 Surges: 6/6 AP: 1 MI Daily Uses: 1
Conditions: bloodied

Experiment 354b:
HP: 21/40 Surges: 7/9 AP: 1 MI Daily Uses: 0
Conditions:[/sblock]

Attachments

• Laboratory1.jpg
    Laboratory1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 104

Mezegis

First Post
Coughing and sputtering, Thalin also hurries out of the toxic fog, fleeing to the far corner of the room. Sorry about that… Where the heck is all this poison coming from? Think it’d run out if we kept triggering the trap?

OOC: Thalin to E11

Otakkun

Explorer
"I wouldn't really call them skills anyway", notes Kaelan as he's about to step forward, his movement stopped however as gas starts pouring from where Thalin fumbles with the lock.

"Gas traps? Somehow it seems they didn't want peolpe snooping around, just to speak the obvious. "And what now?" he asks, out of ideas.

[sblock=Rolls]
Perception check (1d20+15=23) [/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
GM: @Otakkun, you are not able to make the perception checks for that room at this time. You and Karananak are still on the other side of the hallway. You have yet to make your way across since the three on this side were unable to find a way to disable the hallway traps. Since neither of you had posted in a while, I gave them a map so they'd have something to do, but you should please go back a page or two to the hall map and work from that one but you should please see the attached hallway map and work from that one. Please edit your post accordingly. Thank you.

ETA: For ease I've attached updated versions of both maps. I will repost all necessary checks for the lab room once new people arrive in the room for ease so no one has to dig back pages to find them as there are several and also some I didn't bother to post originally since I knew the people who were there could not succeed even on a 20.

[sblock=Reminder of what the tiles in the hallway do]Green tiles - poison gas
Red tiles - flame jet
Blue tiles - slide the whole floor (requires an athletics check for balance that I will roll for you. Result of 20 or higher has other results.)
Gold tiles - log roll that column of tiles (requires an athletics check for balance that I will roll for you. Result of 20 or higher has other results.)
Purple tiles - do nothing[/sblock]

[sblock=PC Status]Kaelan:
HP: 31/41 Surges: 4/9 AP: 0 MI Daily Uses: 1
Conditions:

Karananak:
HP: 26/45 Surges: 9/11 AP: 0 MI Daily Uses: 1
Conditions:

Thalin:
HP: 41/43 Surges: 8/10 AP: 0 MI Daily Uses: 1
Conditions:

Colgrave:
HP: 13/32 Surges: 6/6 AP: 1 MI Daily Uses: 1
Conditions: bloodied

Experiment 354b:
HP: 21/40 Surges: 7/9 AP: 1 MI Daily Uses: 0
Conditions:[/sblock]

Attachments

• Laboratory2.jpg
    Laboratory2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Trap Hall28.jpg
    Trap Hall28.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

LadyLaw

First Post
GM: Vertexx, as I mentioned to Mez when he asked if he could do that earlier, I am not allowing you to take a short rest while the party is split. I view it the same as if half the group chased after some enemies while the others stayed behind. I would not allow those that stayed behind to rest in that situation either. I'm sorry, but it seems wrong.

Remove ads