[Adventure] The Mine-Militia Identity. (DM: horticulture; Judge: covaithe)

So, Mina's attack triggers Prime combat challenge? Then I will not do the same, but something entirely different :)

Hearing Felix' call, Drew doesn't hesitate. While he may not have the strength to pull the dwarf out, he is young and fresh and can keep him out of the water at least. Realizing it's risky as he will leave the group without his power, he moves behind Prime and bunches his legs in almost crouch, concentrating hard on that single push that will bring him int the pit vaulting over spilled barrel and dissapearing into the pit. He grabs the rope and braces himself against the wall using it to turn upside down and plunging his dagger behind the dwarf, cutting his bindings.

OOC: Let's hope the rolls agree :)
EDIT: Just about, needed 20 to jump 4 squares, unfortunatly it's only 4 feet up, pressumably enough to clear the barrel, but not to avoid OAs. Reduce falling damage by 7 if applicable.

[sblock=horticulture]
[MENTION=6671055]horticulture[/MENTION], if you deem acrobatics to drop on the rope and turn equivalent to move action and not part of the jump, redo Drew's actions so that he jumps from his current location (Crane's Wings gives him running start without moving) and provoke from G8 dwarf (not sure if he's still marked, but no matter, Drew provokes) and use acrobatics then as move.

Thanks.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Move: H6
Move: Crane's Wings move to jump 3 squares falling into the pit in J9. Hopefuly it will be high enough to avoid OA's and anyhow duergar is marked, it's not safe to OA :) 20/5 = 4 squares long jump, need 3 so all good

Minor: Cut the ropes binding the dwarf (or support him if move or standard needed for that)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
Steel and magic clash violently as the heroes and monsters battle each other feverishly.

Felix, hearing the struggles of the drowning dwarf, rushes over and, with deft fingers and straining arms, unlocks and heaves open the grate holding the captive. Before the grate can open fully, Drew, leaping through the air like a soaring falcon, drops through the hole to rescue the dwarf. He is quick to cut the ropes binding her arms. One of the duergar, however, manages a wild swing at the flying monk, clipping him as he passes. Not to be outdone by the dastardly villians, and seeing the distraction, Prime sends his longsword deep into the dark dwarf's side.

For all of his quick thinking and heroics, Felix takes a flurry of blows and dagger-like quills from the duergar's beard. He takes the punishment stoically, clinging to consciousness by a thread.

The lone, remaining ant scurries up to Sharpe and latches onto his leg, causing a severe bite and large amounts of pain.

The two other duergar converge on the automaton, swinging warhammers and throwing quills, but Prime manages to deflect and dodge all but one attack, looking no worse for wear under the continuous assault.

The once drowning dwarf, now cut free, coughs loudly and clings to the rope still spiked to the top of the pit. She nods her thanks to Drew but says nothing.

[sblock=Map]
encounter3rnd2a-1.png
[/sblock][sblock=Enemy Actions]Duergar Guard (J7)
  • Minor - Infernal Anger - +4 fire damage until SONT; shift 1 as immediate reaction to enemy shifting/moving.
  • Standard – Warhammer vs. Prime (AC 21), 1d20+11=19; miss.
Duergar Guard (J6)
  • Minor - Beard Quills vs. Prime (AC 21), 1d20+11=13; miss.
  • Move - Shift > J6
  • Standard – Warhammer vs. Prime (AC 21), 1d20+11=29; 1d10+3=11 damage.
Duergar Guard (H8)

Hive Warrior Giant Ant (D6)
  • Move - Shift > D6
  • Standard – Piercing Bite vs. Sharpe (AC 17), 1d20+7=27; CRIT 12 damage.
[/sblock][sblock=Status]Drew (J9) – HP: 20/24, Surges: 3/8, AP: 1, Second Wind: avail
Felix (I9) – HP: 3/26, THP: 0/5, Surges: 6/9, AP: 1, Second Wind: avail; bloodied
Mina (F4) – HP: 24/24, Surges: 8/8, AP: 1, Second Wind: avail
Prime (I6) – HP: 33/33, THP: 1/14, Surges: 8/13, AP: 0, Second Wind: avail
Sharpe (C5) – HP: 18/30, Surges: 7/11, AP: 1, Second Wind: avail
Malifixindalaunt (D5) - HP: 33/33, Surges: 11/13

Duerger Guard (J7) – HP: -25/??
Duerger Guard (H8) – HP: undamaged
Duerger Guard (J6) – HP: undamaged

Hive Warrior Giant Ant (D6) – 36/36[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]Duergar Guards - AC: 21, F: 17, R: 15, W: 15
:melee: +11 vs. AC; 1d10+3
Giant Ants - AC: 16, F: 14, R: 15, W: 11
:melee: +7 vs. AC; 1d8+4. Deals 1d10 extra damage to any target that already has ongoing acid damage.[/sblock]

Last edited:

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
OOC: [MENTION=6671055]horticulture[/MENTION]; Did something slide Felix? He should be in I9.

GM: You're right. I missed that part of your post. Unfortunately, it doesn't change the outcome, just the order in which it happens.

I edited my post to reflect the changes.

edit: And then I screwed up the edit. Stand by for correct edit.

edit^2: Edit of my edit is correct now.

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: THP for Felix if that is OK, though I probably would of picked Drew last round if we were playing in real-time, since he seems to lose HP quickly.

Not sure if there is a better way to handle giving out THP. :erm:

Remove ads