• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Mine-Militia Identity. (DM: horticulture; Judge: covaithe)

twilsemail

First Post
We must set up traps, lots and lots of traps! Sharpe says happily. Large nets and cadges should do the trick. Maybe a fake pile of gold to lure it in.. he mumbles.

"Unfortunately," Felix begins as Drew starts his second round of exploration, "I forgot to bring my collection of fake gold. It's in my other sack. We can, I'm sure, knock the beast out for you. As long as we sneak up on it. Let drew sort out what lies ahead and then we'll proceed with as much haste as a healthy survival instinct allows."

covaithe

Explorer
High above, a winged shape passes overhead, too distant to make out clearly. For just a moment, the sun's light seems thin and cold, and you feel a chill down the back of your neck. Then the creature wheels behind a cloud, and the moment passes.

OOC: I'm following this; I might as well officially judge it.

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
The party begins preparations to further explore their destination as Drew skulks around the fenced in area at the top of the hill.

[sblock=Drew - Stealth; Perception]Stealth; Perception 1d20+14=33, 1d20+9=19[/sblock]

Like a cat in the night, Drew climbs the hill undetected. Upon making the crest of the hill, he peers around the corner of the fence. Laying on the ground around a stairwell leading into the hill are four bodies - three bugbears and one human, wearing the colors of the Daunton militia.

Ravens cry from overhead as the smoke coming from the stairwell peters out to less than a wisp.

OOC: Thanks, covaithe.

Someone

Adventurer
Prime advances towards Drew's position as silently as his metallic joints allow. When* he reaches the bodies, he checks the human corpse for any clue about his identity or any belonging that could be identified by a familiar.

The tiles on his chest clank as they form a question

Code:
*MAYBE THE OTHERS HAVE LOOKED FOR REFUGE INSIDE THE MINES?*

* If, actually

twilsemail

First Post
Felix advances with Prime, keeping an eye over his shoulder. As they reach the fence he kneels and allows the others to investigate. He watches to woods they just left.

"If they saw the force that Drew described to us approaching, I could see that happening. Don't know if it was their best option, but it might have seemed like the only option."

[sblock=Wednesday]I'm spending tomorrow out of the office and at the Zoo. If anything happens that requires action from Felix, he'll likely shoot it after entering Mobile Blade stance. Otherwise, the sagittarius is just unusually quiet.[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Sharpe walks towards the bodies and examines them for dragon bites, breath attack scorches, and tail spike gouges. At least they had good taste in hiring bugbears.

OOC: Passive perception = 14.

How many people are we suppose to find?
he asks. Nevermind, we'll say that the others were burned to a crisp by the dragon when we bring them back. We shall pocket the gold and use the money to buy large nets and a cage with wheels.

twilsemail

First Post
Grating his teeth, Felix stands and levels the large crossbow at the bard's chest in an almost nonchalant manner. "Let me get this straight, before I do anything rash. You're suggesting that we leave these men to the horde that passed us on the way in? Men that have either died in service to friends and neighbors, or will soon enough. A horde that will, if they're lucky, kill them before deciding how to cook them. Do I have that right?" It should be pretty plain by his tone and manner that Felix does not approve of the bard's plan.

"`Cause if you were saying that. Layla," He gestures with his chin towards the crossbow, "And I might need to have some words with you about work ethics. The first word will probably be 'Twang.'"

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
Grating his teeth, Felix stands and levels the large crossbow at the bard's chest in an almost nonchalant manner. "Let me get this straight, before I do anything rash. You're suggesting that we leave these men to the horde that passed us on the way in? Men that have either died in service to friends and neighbors, or will soon enough. A horde that will, if they're lucky, kill them before deciding how to cook them. Do I have that right?" It should be pretty plain by his tone and manner that Felix does not approve of the bard's plan.

"`Cause if you were saying that. Layla," He gestures with his chin towards the crossbow, "And I might need to have some words with you about work ethics. The first word will probably be 'Twang.'"
No, no, of course not, how sillyist of thou. Sharpe says, making a mental note of who to feed to his dragon first. I meantist, after we saveist those people, then collectist thy reward.

Who would put the lives of people before a scaly fiend, not I! he says laughing.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads