• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Three Queens in Allaria (DM: BenBrown, Judge: Covaithe)

bluesfella

Explorer
Zardi and the armored goblin continue trading blows back and forth, with the goblin gaining the upper hand for a moment. He dodges Zardi's first blow easily. Enraged, Zardi screams out and hits the goblin with such force that he is unable to defend himself.

Seemingly in response to Zardi's attack, his armor begins to glow with a dull sheen.
[sblock=Actions]Move: To D6
Standard: Howling Strike vs. Armored Goblin (1d20+10=11, 1d12+1d6+6=21) Critical Miss
Action Point: Bloodhunt Rage vs. Armored goblin (1d20+10=20, 3d12+6=23) Hit (finally!) for 23 damage
Free: Use power from Bold Victory Chainmail - grants +2 to AC until EONT[/sblock][sblock=Zardi's Stats]Zardi Male Goliath Barbarian 4
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Normal
AC:19, Fort:19, Reflex:12, Will:14
HP:29+3/54, Bloodied:27, Surge Value:13, Surges left:9/11
Speed:5
Action Points: 0
bm.gif
Fey Strike Greataxe +10 vs. AC; 1d12+6 damage (When charging, add 1d6 damage from Howling Strike)
br.gif
Throwing Hammer: +9 vs AC, 1d6+5 damage
Howling Strike
Pressing Strike
Rageblood Vigor
Rampage

[-]Stone's Endurance[/-]
[-]Great Cleave[/-]
[-]Combat Sprint[/-]
Swift Charge
Blood Strike

[-]Bloodhunt Rage[/-]

Conditions: +2 to AC until EONT

Equipment Specials:
Acrobat Boots (Stand up from Prone as Minor action)
[-]Bold Victory Chainmail +1[/-] (When you or an ally within 5 bloodies an enemy, gain +2 to AC until EONT, Free action)
Fey Strike Greataxe +1 (Make MBA as a ranged 20 attack, Standard action)
Fey Strike Teleport (Free action, hit an enemy with this weapon, can teleport enemy up to 10 squares to an adjacent square)

Full Sheet: Zardi[/sblock]

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
GM: Bluesfella, you missed Sound of Stone's turn. He was in D7 and the goblin had shifted to E5. Since he doesn't get a second immediate action this round, I'll stick you in D6.

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
Continues pressing towards the armored goblin. The goblin pokes his spear at Zardi, but even his glowing armor can't protect him. He's shoved backwards behind Carlotta, and the goblin again steps away from the fighting.

The sniper in the brush looses another quarrel at Spider, but this goes wide, and it is difficult to determine where it came from.

As the two riders fall dead from their mounts, the beasts lash out at those who struck the killing blows. One bites at Tyris, unsuccessfully, then jumps back. The other leaps up at Murmur, its bite dissipating the spirit for the moment, and sending a shockwave back through Pharodeys. It then wanders off up the stream, apparently satisfied.[sblock=Ally Actions]Carlotta moves to E6[/sblock][sblock=Enemy Actions]Armored Goblin
Trip Up Recovery: 1(1d6) = 1
Standard: Spear vs. Zardi: 15(1d20) +9 = 24; 8(1d8) +5 = 13 and Zardi is slid to E7
Move: shift to E4

Goblin Sniper 1
Standard: Crossbow vs. Spider: 3(1d20) +9 +2 = 14; 11(2d6) +5 = 16 miss.
Move: ??

Mount 1
Standard: Bite vs. Murmur: 20(1d20) +7 = 27; 8(1d8) +5 = 13 rolled a crit, then rolled max damage anyway. The spirit is dissipated and Pharodeys takes 6 damage.
Move: to E28 (off map)

Mount 2
Standard: Bite vs. Tyris: 6(1d20) +7 = 13; 1(1d8) +5 = 6 miss.
Move: Shift to H15[/sblock][sblock=Perception 28 (passive)]Sniper 1 is in D14 and prone (total concealment/superior cover)[/sblock][sblock=map]
GoblinStreamRound4.gif

Brush (green areas) provide cover and concealment (total cover/concealment to prone characters) and are difficult terrain.
Trees (big brown circles) are impassible, and can provide cover.
The stream (blue) is difficult terrain.[/sblock][sblock=status]Pharodeys L10 30/36, surges 9/9, AP unused, second wind unused
Sound of Stone D7 39+4/39, surges 8/8, AP unused, second wind unused
Spider G13 27+5/45, surges 10/10, AP unused, second wind unused
Tyris I13 20/34, surges 7/7, AP unused, second wind unused
Zardi D6 19/54, surges 9/11, AP used, second wind unused, +2 AC TENT

Carlotta E8 43/43, surges 12/12, second wind unused

Armored Goblin E4 62 Damage Taken, AP used
Goblin Sniper 1 C14? No Damage Taken
Goblin Rider 1 D18 0/58, dead
Mount 1 E28 8 Damage Taken Fastieth Burst used
Goblin Rider 2 H14 0/58, dead
Mount 2 H15 19 Damage Taken[/sblock][sblock=Goblin Tactics PLEASE READ]The goblins have an ability called Goblin Tactics, as an immediate reaction.
For Staff goblin, and goblin snipers:
When the goblin is missed by a melee attack, the goblin can shift 1 square as an immediate reaction.

For Armored goblin:
As above, but the goblin also makes a melee basic attack as a part of the reaction.

For goblin riders:
when mounted and either the goblin or its mount is missed by a melee attack the goblin can shift itself and its mount 1 square as an immediate reaction.
Neither unmounted goblin riders nor the mount when the goblin isn't riding it have this ability.

The goblins will shift under the following circumstances.
1) there is a space the goblin can shift to that is out of melee range. (shift can't go into difficult terrain)
2) the goblin will not suffer an attack as a result of shifting (e.g. Pharodeys's spirit's attack)
3) the goblin has not already used this ability this round.

When you resolve your attacks if you miss a goblin with a melee attack, please resolve the shift, and let me know where the goblin shifts to.[/sblock][sblock=Controlling Carlotta]Any PC can take a standard, move, or minor action to have an NPC perform an action of the same (or a lesser) type. E.g., if you want Carlotta to use Tempest Assault, you spend a standard action. If you want her to move, you spend a move action. An NPC is limited to the usual number of actions each round (but those actions need not all be granted by the same PC). An NPC who has an immediate action can likewise only use it if a PC has an immediate action available to use on his/her behalf.

NPCs can take free actions and opportunity actions normally, without the direction of PCs. They are always considered to have their weapons in hand and don’t need to spend actions unsheathing them.

If left to her own devices, Carlotta will, if adjacent to an enemy, use a minor action to use Nature's Wrath to mark, then will use Warden's Fury as an immediate interrupt if the opportunity presents itself. If, on the other hand, she is not adjacent to an enemy, she will move so that she is.[/sblock][sblock=Carlotta]Carlotta
HP 43/43, Bloodied 21, Surge Value 10; Surges 12/12
Str 18, Con 16, Dex 12, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 10
AC 20, Fort 16, Ref 16, Will 16
Skills: Endurance +9, Nature +7, Perception +7
:bmelee: longsword +7 vs. AC; 1d8+5 damage
Nature's Wrath Mark each adjacent enemy as a minor action. This mark lasts until the end of Carlotta's next turn.
Warden's Fury (immediate interrupt; primal, weapon; melee weapon, triggering enemy)
Trigger: An enemy marked by Carlotta makes an attack that does not include her.
Attack: +7 vs. Fort
Hit: 1d8+5 damage, and the target grants CA until the end of Carlotta's next turn.
Tempest Assault (standard; lighting, primal, thunder, weapon; melee weapon, one creature)
Attack: +7 vs. AC
Hit: 1d8+5 lightning damage, and one enemy marked by Carlotta within 2 squares other than the target takes 3 thunder damage.
[o] Thunder Ram Assault (standard; primal, thunder, weapon; melee weapon, one creature)
Attack: +7 vs. AC
Hit: 1d8+5 thunder damage, and Carlotta makes a secondary attack (close blast 3, each creature in blast)
Secondary Attack: +7 vs. Fort.
Secondary Hit: 1d6 thunder damage and Carlotta pushes the target 1 square.
[o] Warden's Tempest (minor; primal; melee 1, one enemy marked by Carlotta)
Effect: Carlotta slides the enemy 1 square.
[o] Heroic Effort (no action; personal)
Trigger: Carlotta misses with an attack or fails a save
Effect: Carlotta gains a +4 racial bonus to the attack roll or saving throw.
[o] Second Wind

Conditions: none[/sblock][sblock=Enemy Stats]Please read the appropriate "combat stats" block(s) only when necessary to resolve attacks or OAs. The blocks with the skill names on them are for monster knowledge checks.

Goblin with Staff
[sblock=combat stats]AC: 17 Fort: 14 Ref: 15 Will: 16
HP: 46
:bmelee: Staff +8 vs. AC; 1d6+7 damage
Passive Perception 12
Goblin Tactics (immediate reaction): If missed by a melee attack, the goblin shifts 1 (out of melee range, if possible)
[/sblock][sblock=Nature 13]Goblin Hex Hurler
Small Natural Humanoid (Goblin)
Level 3 Controller[sblock=Nature 21]The Hex Hurler has a number of magical attacks: an at-will that blinds, a recharging power that causes foes to take damage if they move, and an encounter zone that reduces enemy's chance of hitting.[/sblock][/sblock]

Armored Goblin with Spear
[sblock=combat stats]AC: 20 Fort: 17 Ref: 16 Will: 12
HP: 82
:bmelee: Spear +9 vs. AC; 1d8+5 damage and the goblin can slide the target one square (if hit by this as an OA, move yourself into a flanked position or difficult terrain.)
Passive Perception 16
Goblin Tactics (immediate reaction): If missed by a melee attack, the goblin shifts 1 (out of melee range, if possible), and makes a basic attack with his spear.
[/sblock][sblock=Nature 13]Goblin Elite Sentry
Level 2 Elite Soldier[sblock=Nature 20]The Sentry has a recharge power that knocks enemies prone.[/sblock][/sblock]

Goblins with Crossbows
[sblock=combat stats]AC: 16 Fort: 13 Ref: 15 Will: 12
HP: 32
:bmelee: Short Sword +7 vs. AC; 1d6+5 damage.into a flanked position or difficult terrain.
Passive Perception 12
Goblin Tactics (immediate reaction): If missed by a melee attack, the goblin shifts 1 (out of melee range, if possible)
[/sblock][sblock=Nature 13]Goblin Sharpshooter
Level 2 Artillery[sblock=Nature 20]The Sharpshooter does extra damage against targets it has CA against. If the Sharpshooter misses with a ranged attack when hiding, it is assumed to be still hiding.[/sblock][/sblock]

Goblin Riders
[sblock=combat stats]AC: 17 Fort: 15 Ref: 17 Will: 13
HP: 58
:bmelee: Javelin +6 vs. AC; 1d6+4 damage
Passive Perception 11
Mounted Goblin Tactics (immediate reaction): If the goblin or its mount is missed by a melee attack, the goblin's mount shifts 1 (out of melee range, if possible)
[/sblock][sblock=Nature 12]Elite Goblin Beast Rider
Level 1 Elite Skirmisher[sblock=Nature 19]The Rider does additional damage when its mount ends 4 squares or more from where it started.
The Rider has a recharge power that can immobilize enemies.[/sblock][/sblock]

Bird-Lizard Thingies
[sblock=combat stats]AC: 16 Fort: 15 Ref: 14 Will: 12
HP: 36
:bmelee: Bite +7 vs. AC; 1d8+5 damage
Passive Perception 11[/sblock][sblock=Nature 13]Fastieth
Medium Natural Beast (mount, reptile)
Level 2 Skirmisher[sblock=Nature 20]The Fastieth has a move of 10. Pretty zippy.
The Fastieth has an encounter move where it can shift 4 squares.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=spotting the hidden guy]Seeing as how unclear the rules are for spotting something hidden, I'll say if you want to use a minor action to make an active perception roll on the goblin sniper, please feel free to do so.[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
Pharodeys seems to burst into life as the spirit returns prematurely, but blood seeps from her marble flesh, forming a thin line and then a spidery trickle. She almost immediately freezes again, the spirit reappearing in a flash of fire that the armored goblin avoids. Once more, Pharodeys comes to, reeling a little from the shock. She looks around carefully and her gaze comes to rest on a patch of undergrowth. "There," she says softly, the word barely out of her lips before she stops in place again. The spirit floats gently from her mouth, coming to hover above a patch of undergrowth not far from Spider.

[sblock=actions]Minor: Perception DC 28
20(1d20) +10 = 30
oh there he is.

Minor: Spirit appears above Carlotta's head. Zardi gains 4 temp HPs.

Standard: scorching sands vs Ref, armor goblin; damage
4(1d20) +6 = 10; 6(1d8) +5 = 11
misses. Spirit disappears.

Free: spirit appears again in D14, 1 square up.[/sblock]
[sblock=Important: Spirit Effects]A reminder of the effects that the spirit (Murmur) has on combat. The first three are important to players.

• Allies gain a +2 bonus to saves while adjacent to Murmur.
• Murmur occupies 1 square. Allies can move through its space but enemies cannot.
• Any enemy that leaves a square adjacent to Murmur without shifting is subject to an opportunity attack (the Spirit’s Wrath power: +6 vs Reflex, 1d6+5 damage, and the target grants CA until the end of Pharodeys’s next turn).
• Murmur has the same defense values as Pharodeys and can be targeted by melee and ranged attacks.
• If a single melee or ranged attack deals 11 or more damage to Murmur, the spirit disappears and Pharodeys takes 6 damage. Murmur is otherwise unaffected by attacks.
• When Pharodeys takes a move action, she can move Murmur up to 6 squares as well.
• If Murmur is not present at the start of Pharodeys’s turn, she can summon it once during her turn as a free action.
• Murmur is unaffected by terrain and environmental phenomena and can float in the air.
• Murmur is not a creature. It does not count as an ally and does not provoke opportunity attacks.[/sblock]
[sblock=Pharodeys]Pharodeys Female Human Living Statue Shaman 3
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 20, Senses: Normal
AC:18, Fort:14, Reflex:15, Will:16; Resist 5 psychic
HP:30/36, Bloodied:18, Surge Value:9, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1
:bmelee: totemic javelin +4 vs. AC; 1d6+1 damage
:branged: totemic javelin +4 vs. AC; 1d6+1 damage
Call Spirit Companion, Spirit’s Wrath, Spirit Infusion, Word of Battle
[x] Scorching Sands
[o] Sly Fox Spirit
[x] Dimensional Scramble
[o] Cast Fortune
[o] Shard Swarm
[o] Speak with Spirits
[x] [o] Healing Spirit
[o] Second Wind

[o] Spirit of the Healing Flood
[o] Spirit of the Great Cat
[o] Skald’s Armor Daily

Conditions:

Full sheet: Pharodeys[/sblock]

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: Would I be able to make a perception check to see the sniper with the tree in my way? Normally, I'd make the check to look, but if the tree's gonna block half my view, I'd move first to get away from the tree then make the check.

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: What would be the penalty if I charged the square where the sniper is? I doubt I am going to make a perception roll, but at least I know what square to aim for.

Even if the odds are bad, considering how it attacked Jarro, and his current quarry is dead, this seems the most logical thing for him to do.

BenBrown

First Post
GM: VanderLegion: that sounds right. The trees are supposed to block line of sight, so that's a reasonable supposition.

Tenchuu: Let's see. He's prone (+2 bonus to you for melee from CA), total concealment (-5 penalty to you) and superior cover (-5 penalty to you). I'm probably doing cover and concealment wrong, but since nobody's ever been attacked while successfully hidden in one of my games yet it's never come up before :)

VanderLegion

First Post
Tyris crosses the river to try to get behind the last position he remembers seeing the sniper, hoping the goblin will be distracted by the combat going on with the armored goblin. He then quickly decends on the spot, but his garrote fails to grasp anything.
[sblock="actions"]Move: H12 -> E15 to avoid OA from mount
Minor: Bluff to create a distraction to hide - 1d20+14=28 success (I'm fairly certain), Stealth - 1d20+7=22, success
Standard: Garrote Strangle vs Sniper (Technically against square D14 in an attempt to hit the sniper as that's his last known location, could see him here). 1d20+9+2-5-5=10 Miss.
Free: Quick Swap - remove garrote, equip rapier[/sblock][sblock="Stats"]Tyris Male Shade Executioner
Initiative: +5, Passive perception: 18, Passive Insight: 13, Senses: Darkvision

Defenses:
AC: 18, Fort: 14, Reflex: 16, Will: 17

Vitality
HP: 20/34, Bloodied: 14, Surge Value: 7, Surges Left: 5/7
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: unused

Languages:
Allarian

Basic Attacks:
Melee Basic Attack: +8 vs AC - Rapier 1d8+4
Ranged Basic Attack: +8 vs AC - Dagger 1d4+4

Powers:
At-Will: Garrote Strangle, Poisoned Dagger, Quick Lunge, One With Shadow, Silent Stalker
Encounter: Assassin's Strike, Running Slash
Item: Id Moss Powder (/0), Bloodroot Poison (1/1), Skald's Leather Armor

Weapons:
1 Rapier: 1d8
6 Daggers: 1d4
1 Garrote: 1d4

Conditions:

Attack Finesse: 1/turn deal 1d8/2d8/3d8 (by tier) extra dmg with a weapon attack using a one-handed weapon, garrote, blowgun, or shortbow.
Quick Swap: 1/turn draw or stow a weapon as a free action, then draw another weapon
Two-Weapon Defense: +1 bonus to AC and Reflex when holding a weapon in each hand.
Multiclass(Cutthroat): Bluff check to cause diversion to hide is a minor instead of a standard action.[/sblock]
OOC: Realized that since he has total concealment anyway, the perception roll is a waste of an action since I've seen his location before, as all it does is tell me where he is, I still has the same hit chance whether I know where he is or not (unless he moves and I attack the wrong square of course). I might as well just try to attack the square and see what I can do.

Remove ads