• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Three Queens in Allaria (DM: BenBrown, Judge: Covaithe)

BenBrown

First Post
"Okay, okay." the goblin says, rather more calmly than one would expect. "You don't got to shout. We's here 'cause the boss-lady tell us to go here and see what's here. Zareska--she the boss-lady, she come south with us and about 40 or maybe 50 others. She say we gonna be a new empire, so I guess she gonna be the queen of us, which is good, 'cause she like us little guys as well as the big guys, y'know? She got set up around some ol' tower what didn't got no roof, but she build a new roof, and walls and stuff too. Starting a new city, okay? So she send us out to see what stuff we find around here, but we run into a buncha big ants, and we get lost, so then we run into you guys."

He looks around at his fallen companions.

"You win in a straight-up fight, so I don't hold no grudge, but can you help me with buryin' my guys y'know?"

Tenchuu

First Post
Jarro hated Goblins. And yet, this one, seemed almost human. He recalled, when he was a slave, some where decent enough. Perhaps this was one of them.

"I an I will tie ya legs togedda, so ya can walk, but not run. Den ya can bury da rest a dem. But listen ta I real good: iffn dis be some durty trick, an more a dem 'oblin come up on I an I, I gonna push ya ta da groun', and hack off ya legs. Maybe ya live, maybe ya don, but it gonna hurt real bad, iffn ya trick I an I, ya 'ear?"

"Now, ya still want ta dig dem odders a grave? Dey each need dere own, or can ya bruddahs travel ta da odder side togedda?"

BenBrown

First Post
"We put 'em all together," the goblin says. "Fight together, die together, buried together, okay? Shovel's on the rider beast." He points to the bird-lizard thing, now milling about, which indeed has a shovel attached to its saddle.

Tenchuu

First Post
Jarro pulled out a length of rope and tied the goblins legs together as described, giving him enough slack to shuffle step, but not much more. The rest of the length of rope acted like a leash.

"I let ya go git it."
As the captive walked, he let out more slack, but just enough so if he needed, he could yank the goblin back (feet first).

BenBrown

First Post
The goblin walks slowly over to the beast, takes a moment to check on the critter's condition, then ties its reins around a stump and pulls a small shovel off of its pack. He looks around for a moment to select a spot, then begins digging. If no-one offers any help it takes him the better part of a half hour to dig a shallow depression in the ground into which he begins piling the bodies of his late companions, making it known when he wishes to cross the stream to grab a body. When they're piled in, he puts what soil he pulled from the hole in a thin layer over the bodies, then begins looking for stones to build a cairn.

After finishing he puts the shovel back on the beast's pack, and pronounces himself finished.

Mewness

First Post
Pharodeys watches impassively for a few moments, then walks slowly around the spot the goblin has selected and sprinkles a little water on the roots of the trees nearby, to apologize to the spirits for breaking up the ground. After that, lacking a useful digging tool, she tries to help by breaking up the earth with a stout stick.

VanderLegion

First Post
Having no shovel or other digging tool of his own, Tyris stands and watches as the goblin digs the grave for his companions. When the goblin starts collecting stones to build a cairn, Tyris moves to help, if for no other reason than to get the job done faster so they can get moving again.

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
"Ya dun dis ting good," Jarro said, "Now we march." He gave the goblin a little more slack, so he could walk at a league pace, but still not run. "What is ta be dun wit da mount?"

BenBrown

First Post
"The other on run off," the goblin says. "We can let this one run, but better take it with, okay? Not its country, so dunno if it survives, y'know?"

Remove ads