• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Three Queens in Allaria (DM: BenBrown, Judge: Covaithe)

Mewness

First Post
Pharodeys approaches the lizard-mount and attempts to lead it.

When they are underway again, she asks the goblin in a calm, conversational tone, "Your ruler, Zareska, does she wish to expand the Hzakan nation, or to be independent?"

[sblock=rolls etc]Nature to calm the beast so Pharodeys can lead it around:

Nature (lizard handling)
11(1d20) +10 = 21

Diplomacy to be nice to goblin:

Diplomacy (chat with goblin)
11(1d20) +11 = 22

Also, Pharodeys spends a surge to get back to full hp. She had one healing spirit left from the last encounter, so one person can get 1d6 hp back surge-free.[/sblock]
[sblock=Pharodeys]Pharodeys Female Human Living Statue Shaman 3
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 20, Senses: Normal
AC:18, Fort:14, Reflex:15, Will:16; Resist 5 psychic
HP:36/36, Bloodied:18, Surge Value:9, Surges left:8/9
Action Points: 1
:bmelee: totemic javelin +4 vs. AC; 1d6+1 damage
:branged: totemic javelin +4 vs. AC; 1d6+1 damage
Call Spirit Companion, Spirit’s Wrath, Spirit Infusion, Word of Battle
[o] Scorching Sands
[o] Sly Fox Spirit
[o] Dimensional Scramble
[o] Cast Fortune
[o] Shard Swarm
[o] Speak with Spirits
[o] [o] Healing Spirit
[o] Second Wind

[o] Spirit of the Healing Flood
[o] Spirit of the Great Cat
[o] Skald’s Armor Daily

Conditions:

Full sheet: Pharodeys[/sblock]

rb780nm

First Post
Sound of Stone watches silently while the Goblin is interrogated and the dead are buried. He has tried the flesh of goblinkind before, and it is not pleasing - besides the others would probably protect if he started eating the bodies in front of them, the last few groups he had travelled with had reacted that way...

BenBrown

First Post
"I dunno." the goblin says in response to Pharodeys's question. "I dunno if she knows. She says the emprire don't give her and us no respect, y'know. So that's why she's comin' here."

As the group prepares to head back for camp, a gaunt, slightly ragged armored figure staggers into view coming up the stream.[sblock=ooc]The Cursed One will be joining the game.[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
The Cursed One raises his hands as he spies the group up river. He attempts to pick up the pace but only manages to stumble to his knees in the water. It takes him some moments to find the strength to force his way back onto his feet.

When he finally reaches camp he sinks to his knees and his head sinks to his chest. His skin is pale and wan yet lined with droplets of moisture, either sweat or perhaps fever. The man also seems painfully thin to be wearing such heavy and cumbersome armour. Dark smudges lie beneath his eyes and weariness fills them as though he has seen many sleepless nights in a row.

It takes him another moment to find his voice which croaks out as though hoarse and raw. It is plain from his face that the man is not well.

"Food. Do you have food you can spare?"

OOC: Hi everyone! Stoked to be aboard with you all. Cheers for having me Ben!

[sblock=The Cursed One]
The Cursed One aka Boris
Human Hybrid Paladin | Warlock 3
Passive Perception/Insight 10
AC:19, Fort:16, Reflex:15, Will:16, Speed:5
HP: 39/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges left:11/11
Initiative +2
Action Points: 1 (encounter):

Conditions:

Powers:
MBA: Eldritch Strike +9 vs AC, 1d12+5 damage

Divine Challenge:
Warlock's Curse:
Eldritch Strike, Ardent Strike, Dire Radiance
Helm of Seven Deaths: Souls Captured 0/7

Blade of Crimson:
Valorous Smite:
Otherwind Stride:
Helm of Seven Deaths: Unavailable
Second Wind

Crown of Stars:
Bless Weapon:
Fullblade of Defense:
Dazzling Plate Armour:
Helm of Seven Deaths: Unavailable

Consumables:
Potions of Healing: 1/1
Augmenting Whetstone: 2/2

Combat notes:
Dazzling Plate: TCO gains +2 to all defenses vs Charm, Fear and Psychic attacks.
Gauntlets of Arcane Might: TCO gains 2 THP when he hits with an arcane attack.
Fullblade of Defense: Resist 1 vs All dmg;
TCO will use his Fullblade of Defense Daily power to halve damage of an attack will reduce him below 0.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
"Do ya like 'oblin meat?" Jarro asked, and as the concerned goblin captive turned to look at him, he immediately burst into laughter, unable to sell the joke.

Reaching into his pack, he pulled out one of his rations and tossed it to the beggar. "Wha a ya doin whey out 'ere, wit noting an nowon?"

jbear

First Post
Tearing into the rations hungrily oblivious to Jarro's humour the Cursed One manages to mumble his mouth filled thanks. He doesn't speak again until he has finished where upon he gets back to his feet with shaky legs and utters a single word. "Lost."

He walks back to the stream where he scoops handfuls of water into his mouth to wash down the dry food.

He then walks back to Jarro and lays a hand on his shoulder. "Thank you for your unwarranted kindness to a stranger in need."

He stares around at the others and a gleam takes his eye, life appearing there for the first time.

"You seem like a company on a quest. I would thank you for the food you offered me. A small act but one which may have saved my life. The Light only knows when I would have come across another soul willing to share food in these parts. And I am no hunter nor friend of the Forest."

The Cursed One pulls a huge blade deftly from behind his back and stabs it into the ground at Jarro's feet.

"I, the Cursed One who is known as Boris until a more noble name found and earnt, do so pledge my blade to your service until your quest is seen to completion."

Tenchuu

First Post
"Ya sword is almos as big as I's," Jarro said with a laugh, clasping him on the soldier. "Ya welcome ta join I an I. Ya follow now, ya 'ear? An when I see 'ow ya fight, I gonna give ya a name. Givin names is what da Spidah do best."

jbear

First Post
[sblock=Chuckles] Hehe, yeah, I don't mind it either. But it is not the illustrious name TCO had imagined he would find when he set out on a quest in search of a name (which was flippantly given by a germanic barbarian). So I don't mind him being Boris, but TCO is definitely still searching for something more ... prestigious shall we say. [/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads