Adventures You'd Like Produced

Pour

First Post
As a member of Fourth Party, and for my general knowledge and our communal enlightenment, what types of themes, styles, conversions, sequels, prequels, crawls, sandboxes, and reduxes might you like to see out of 4e adventures movin forward?

Be as specific or vague as you like. I'd just like to get a sense of what others are after. My personal desires cast a wide net, but there seems to be a shortage of fish in the sea. Plus who doesn't love a chance to tell others exactly what you want?

Arctic Wolf

First Post
Hey there Pour, how ya doing today? Well as obvious as it sounds seeing as to what I have made threads about, I would like them to expand on demons more, especially the Obyriths and demonic corruption on different types of creatures and maybe have some on players. I would just like to know who they consider to be one since they say that there are 12 and I want their stat blocks so we can fight em :D.

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
At the risk of being branded unoriginal, the updated version of G1 plus the new stone giant adventure has me really wanting to see all the old classic 1E adventures updated for 4E.

They're classics for a reason!

OnlineDM

Adventurer
Something I'm working on at the moment (and maybe I should come back over to Fourth Party for some input!) is a simple intro adventure for a new DM to run. I'd like it to be self-contained and frankly a bit cliched. You all meet in a tavern, a mysterious stranger approaches you with a quest, you're motivated by the promise of treasure, you fight goblins and/or kobolds, there are dangerous traps, etc. I'd like it to be runnable in a single session (four hours or so). Seems like the kind of thing that's probably already out there, but I'm not aware of anything that's quite what I'm looking for.

Infiniti2000

First Post
As a general style, I want a module that gets very quickly to the point. My players at least like very much to know immediately what the whole thing is about. Take Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil, for instance. While it's a very long module, the point is very obvious from the get-go an unambiguous throughout the whole thing. Stop the cult. Period. What makes it great is that there are a lot of levels to the bad guys (not levels in the mechanical or dungeon sense), a layers keep getting peeled off, but stopping the cult is always the overriding mission and really helps the players focus. The PCs should not even get to the second encounter without know the principle goal of the entire module. I can understand a lead-in encounter (you'd have to convince me with two), but after that the players should not be guessing anything (of course, there can still be mysteries on how and some specifics).

Does this make sense?

riotshieldnation

First Post
Despite being really hard to write, I actually very much enjoy modules that are open ended - ones that don't necessarily get right to the point. I want to run modules that make the party not sure who to trust and are full of moral greys. The more table argument about what to do with the children of the slain caravan leaders, the better.

It's kind of like working in sales, the more you can get the customer talking, the more work they'll do for you in getting them what they need. This might not work well for all parties of course, but with my main group it's a riot.

Pour

First Post
I'm a fan of both approaches, alternated throughout a campaign, and for that matter a mix of very short resolutions and very gradual ones.

I think too much clear path or obscured path becomes stale, though I'd say it's much harder to keep something gray and ambiguous from stalling or becoming frustrating- and maybe harder still to convey such an adventure properly in a published product without knowledge of the party or players. Still, it's possible, and really refined design and pro DMing by my reckoning.

I guess if I had to pick what I want most out of 4e adventures right now, it's nothing to do with style or content, it's volume. Not mindless encounter chains, mind you, or crud, but good/great/inspired stuff more than there is out there now. Hm, *quits whining and gets back to work*

Randomthoughts

Adventurer
More Dark Sun adventures or conversions of past Dark Sun adventures. The Dungeon adventures were fine, but I'm surprised there weren't more.

Rechan

Adventurer
1) Adventures designed for a party of 1-3. The balance and encounter considerations are taken into account from the beginning. The trick here is the play really depends on 1) what roles you have and 2) what classes. A ranged striker vs. an avenger might change things, as would something with a controller vs. a striker in mind. But such a thing could be discussed in a DM tips section, or you could offer suggestions on how to alter an encounter based on roles and type of characters (along with other tips on very small party play). 4e can do it but no one utilizes it; it's a small niche that would get you a lot of appreciation from those who would use it.

2) An adventure that utilizes these. I repeat These! I repeat these! Dead by Dawn is a great example - granted it's a different type of tower defense, and it's a single encounter adventure, but by creating a few rules with a memorable situation it really works. So an adventure with interesting objectives that go off a functional mini-game would be fantastic.

3) Mid-heroic excursions into the Feywild or Shadowfell, or heroic adventures focusing on fey. I have an adventure in mind to write relating to a 6th level excursion into the Shadowfell, but I actually have to write it.

Remove ads