Against the Crimson Tide IC

Ghostknight

First Post
Jesper follows Tmion to the inn.

"Well Domina, just a word. Some of my business is confidential and thus treads on toes. Hopefully nothing untowards has happened, but if we find ourselves in a situation we cannot handle, I will shout, just step through the gate that appears and we will be safe."

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Tmion leads Jesper and Domina to a fairly modest inn, where the innkeep lets you into one of the better-appointed rooms. It has clearly not been used in several days, but there is no sign of a sudden disappearance or struggle; it looks as though the occupant simply went out for the day and never came back.

[Assuming that the room is searched] Jesper finds, concealed inside the lid of a trunk containing clothing, a coded scroll. After decryption, it seems to be a journal, describing the course of Tevaria's investigation. The last entry indicates that she was going to speak with a Tharen Tharenson, the obstinate merchant, in an attempt to show him the error of his ways. She had not discovered any solid reason for his stubbornness, but had determined that he had some after-hours visitors on a regular basis, whom she suspected of being involved in some business which precluded his involvement in Jesper's organization. She had been unable to track or identify these visitors, as they were magically concealed.

Ghostknight

First Post
"Hmm, well it looks like we need to pay a visit to Tharen Tharenson. Hopefully he can tell us where my employee is. Domina, I may have to persuade him, don't worry, my bark is worse than my bite!"

He looks at Tmion.

"You got any idea where this merchant can be found from your walk around?"

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Tmion leads you to a dockside building, only slightly run-down, with a faded sign reading "Tharen's Imports." The door is closed, but faint sounds of movement indicate that someone is within.

[OOC: Sorry it took me so long to get back, I got swamped after GenCon because I started a new job this past Monday. :)]

Ghostknight said:
“Well Domina, just a word. Some of my business is confidential and thus treads on toes. Hopefully nothing untowards has happened, but if we find ourselves in a situation we cannot handle, I will shout, just step through the gate that appears and we will be safe."

Domina laughs shortly, not seemingly at Jesper, but rather at a private joke. “My dear man, there is very little that I cannot handle. But if you wish me to accompany you, I will as long as I can return for Arshae here.” She pauses to pat the large horse following her affectionately.

Ghostknight said:
"Hmm, well it looks like we need to pay a visit to Tharen Tharenson. Hopefully he can tell us where my employee is. Domina, I may have to persuade him, don't worry, my bark is worse than my bite!"

“Of course, I will follow your lead – this is your investigation, not mine. I am along simply for the ride, so to speak.” She smiles with hooded eyes, concealing her thoughts.

Paxus said:
Tmion leads you to a dockside building, only slightly run-down, with a faded sign reading "Tharen's Imports." The door is closed, but faint sounds of movement indicate that someone is within.

Domina quietly commands Arshae to ‘guard’, and takes her scythe in hand, awaiting Jesper’s next move.

Ghostknight

First Post
Goddess FallenAngel said:
Domina laughs shortly, not seemingly at Jesper, but rather at a private joke. “My dear man, there is very little that I cannot handle. But if you wish me to accompany you, I will as long as I can return for Arshae here.” She pauses to pat the large horse following her affectionately.

Jesper smiles back.

"i am aware of your legendary prowess. However, I like my allies to knwo the escape route. Never walk into something you cannot get out of!"

“Of course, I will follow your lead – this is your investigation, not mine. I am along simply for the ride, so to speak.” She smiles with hooded eyes, concealing her thoughts.

"Hmm, well, I am sure that you are never so passive a member of an expedition"

He smiles at her again and then bends down, carefully examining the door for any signs of traps, magical or otherwise, at the same time he will try to determine the locking mechanism and how difficult that will be to bypass.

ooc: Search +26, takes 20 for a total search result of +46

Ghostknight

First Post
Keeping an eye out Jesper smiles.

"Guess I am too suspicious. this is a business after all!"

He knocks on the door, then steps back, hands neatly folded in front (and in easy reach of his rapiers), waiting to see who answers. Tmion, stands to his side, the very image of the humble monk, head bwed, hands clasped in the sleeves of his robe.

Remove ads