• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Against the Shadow V - A Faded Glory Story Hour

Rate the Faded Glory Story Hour!

• This is the Greatest Story Hour Ever!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • It is Among My Top 5!

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • It is Entertaining. I recommend it!

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Not My Cup of Tea!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It Sucks! Stop this Drivel Immediately!

Votes: 0 0.0%

Old One

First Post
Bubble-Head Growing Larger...

WSmith said:
Old One, I have to chime in and give some well due credit. If I can feel my olafactory senses bombarded with the stench of the fish and sewage of Oar, or feel the tension as the party ventures through the wilderness, expecting a gnoll ambush at every hill crest just by reading your text, you truly have a gift.

WSmith -

Good thing we don't play again for a bit...it will take my head that long to deflate:D! I must admit that my long-repressed "inner writer" comes out through the story hour (and other campaign related writings). Now if I could just find something to pay the bills whilst I pound away on the keyboard;)!

~ Old One

Old One

First Post
Re: Captured!

Broccli_Head said:
Can't wait until session 14 to see what happens. Who is that Sestius fellow that the party is accused of murdering?

Quintis and Drusilla....:)

what is a lone sorcerer to do? He has alter self! Hope he uses it!

Broc -

Thanks for stopping in! Pay close attention, this gets a little tricky;)...

They are accused of murdering Acrius Sestius - merchant of Oar - who is the step-brother of Drusilla Cassuvius. Acrius' mother, Domita, is married to Drusilla's father Calian. Acrius' grandfather is Antoinine Sestius, head of the "Greens" in Oar.

During the major battle against the large gnoll warband outside the ruins of Greenspire, where the party won against amazing odds, they killed a gnoll leader they had nicknamed "Scarnose". "Scarnose" the gnoll was the one who murdered the other two Cassuvius daughters at the ruined villa. After Rose chopped his head off, the body of "Scarnose" shimmered and became that of a dark-haired human - Acrius Sestius.

The party found a dull gray stone dagger pendant around the corpse's neck that activiated a shadowy, opaque window in mid-air when touched. The party is fairly certain that the pendant was some type of scrying device. They carried the head and pendant around with them for several days, then stuck the head on a poll with a sign that read heretic along the Great Northern Road.

Now, presumably through the offices of Antoinine Sestius, they are being accused of murder!

~ Old One

sword-dancer

Explorer
Re: Guten Tage (or Guten Abend)

Old One said:

sword-dancer,

Thanks for dropping by and thanks for the vote of confidence. Based on the number of German fans - I would need to make sure that the first translation would be auf Deutsch;)!

~ Old One

No chance,

I wouldn`wait so long, and I would prefer the original anyway!
(signed naturally )

Last edited:

Lela

First Post
Re: Thanks Guys!

Old One said:
Lela and Darklone -

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words (although I must admit the DL doesn't really make my list of good fantasy)! I will keep plugging away with my little ol' story hour, but who knows what may come;)!

~ Old One

Well, I thought DL was good. Regardless, I was refering to its popularity and sales.

I do think that your style is better and more life-like.

Dougal DeKree

First Post
Re: Guten Tage (or Guten Abend)

Old One said:

*snip*
Based on the number of German fans - I would need to make sure that the first translation would be auf Deutsch;)!

~ Old One

Hey OldOne,

if you ever "officialize" your setting and need someone for this translation, just tell me, i would be really happy to do it for you :)

Dougal
"Hope shall be the blade that severs our bonds"

Darklone

Re: Re: Guten Tage (or Guten Abend)

Dougal DeKree said:

Hey OldOne,

if you ever "officialize" your setting and need someone for this translation, just tell me, i would be really happy to do it for you :)

Dougal
"Hope shall be the blade that severs our bonds"

GNOME ALERT!

Well. Dougal you start at the end, I started at the beginning already... Oops.

Setting: Old One, mail to Glen Cook about his Black Company stuff, he could add some things to the world as well :]

Old One

First Post
Didn't Mean to "Dis" DL...

Lela said:

Well, I thought DL was good. Regardless, I was refering to its popularity and sales.

I do think that your style is better and more life-like.

Lela -

Sorry if I busted on DL, I just didn't get into it after the first couple of books. Thanks again for the vote(s) of confidence.

~ Old One

Old One

First Post
Dougal and Darklone...

I would definitely need help on a translation;)! My German is way too rusty and I could never write that well anyway...

~ Old One

PS - I actually thought about doing a "Glen Cook" campaign several years ago (well, it was about 10 years ago). It looks like someone else has already done so:

Black Company D&D

Old One

First Post
Re: Glen Cook

MavrickWeirdo said:
Old One have you ever met Glen Cook in person?

MW -

I have not (I don't make it a lot of "Cons"). I understand that he is one of the nicest guys around...I remeber reading something about how cool he is with the fan base. Have you met him?

~ Old One

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads