• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Against the Shadow V - A Faded Glory Story Hour

Rate the Faded Glory Story Hour!

• This is the Greatest Story Hour Ever!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • It is Among My Top 5!

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • It is Entertaining. I recommend it!

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Not My Cup of Tea!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It Sucks! Stop this Drivel Immediately!

Votes: 0 0.0%

Old One

First Post
Update Coming...

Greetings All!

I have a little more work to do on the conclusion of Session 13, then we will move on to a couple of Interludes and Session 14. I have company in town right now, but hope to get to it by Saturday or Sunday.

~ Old One

Oberton

First Post
Re: Dougal and Darklone...

Old One said:
I would definitely need help on a translation;)! My German is way too rusty and I could never write that well anyway...

Not true Old One. You have the gift and the skill to write. You pay attention to details. I have noticed your confindence increasing and your attention to detail has not waivered! Keep up the great work and perhaps one day you will get published! I know I am enjoying your writing much more than the Forgotten Realms series and it has a certain since of style that Dragon Lance once had!

Later

Darklone

Chain bikini

Nice site that one ...

Always wanted to hit a chainbikini on certain places... Would you call this disarm"our"ing ?

About the writing: I agree with Oberton.

Question for you Old One.

What do you do when your party continually roles so pathetically that they couldnt do something heroic if their life depended on it?

I enjoy the story but heck 3 commoners lead by a single Expert could accomplish more and fail less saves than your party has done in its history.

The whole thing started with 2 dead to a pit and a couple minor rats and has only gotten worse with each passing misadventure.

Eventually the opposition is going to start ignoring them since they know in the long run this party is just not going to give them any real trouble.

Tortoise

First Post
Gee thanks for the vote of confidence Doc!

Sheesh!

Here we are busting our butts, getting lambasted by rats and pits, and even a reader gives us no respect! :)

Rowan wishes to file a formal protest ... he won't go back to Glynden until he and his companions get some respect!

So there! NYAH!

:)

Keep reading Doc, I think our recent exploits will give everyone, even you, reason to reconsider.

Lazybones

Adventurer
Actually, I think the misadventures of the group are part of the story's appeal. Chronicles of nigh-invincible adventurers tend to get boring rather quickly. Plus the strategy of letting the dice "fall as they may" keeps the players on edge and keeps a high level of excitement in the game. And fumbles always have great comedy value (for the DM and readers, if not the players).

So here's to our doughty heroes getting ambushed, mauled, enspelled, bitten, and generally harassed, and somehow managing to keep fighting the good fight!

Lazybones

Old One

First Post
Re: Re: Dougal and Darklone...

Oberton said:

Not true Old One. You have the gift and the skill to write. You pay attention to details. I have noticed your confindence increasing and your attention to detail has not waivered! Keep up the great work and perhaps one day you will get published! I know I am enjoying your writing much more than the Forgotten Realms series and it has a certain since of style that Dragon Lance once had!

Later

O'berton,

I was actually talking about my German writing...:D

~ Old One

Old One

First Post
They get better...

DocMoriartty said:
Question for you Old One.

What do you do when your party continually roles so pathetically that they couldnt do something heroic if their life depended on it?

I enjoy the story but heck 3 commoners lead by a single Expert could accomplish more and fail less saves than your party has done in its history.

The whole thing started with 2 dead to a pit and a couple minor rats and has only gotten worse with each passing misadventure.

Eventually the opposition is going to start ignoring them since they know in the long run this party is just not going to give them any real trouble.

Doc -

They have actually done pretty good in a couple of places! They seem to do poorly in situations that should be easy, then perform in spectacular fashion when they should get their butts kicked.

As you will see soon, they can really "bring it" when the chips are down!

~ Old One

Old One

First Post
Yeah! What he said...

Lazybones said:
Actually, I think the misadventures of the group are part of the story's appeal. Chronicles of nigh-invincible adventurers tend to get boring rather quickly. Plus the strategy of letting the dice "fall as they may" keeps the players on edge and keeps a high level of excitement in the game. And fumbles always have great comedy value (for the DM and readers, if not the players).

So here's to our doughty heroes getting ambushed, mauled, enspelled, bitten, and generally harassed, and somehow managing to keep fighting the good fight!

Lazybones

Lazybones -

Well said:D! This group has come close to TPK about 5 times in 14 sessions. Although they have lost several members and have had several more come within 1 or 2 hps of death, they always manage to squeak by.

If I didn't roll in the open, I would be accused of "fudging" for the PCs. The dice gods give and the dice gods take away, but the party just keeps rolling along!

Thanks for droppin' by...

~ Old One

Old One

First Post
Slight Delay...

Greetings All!

I had hoped to have the conclusion of Session 14 up today, but just got called out of town for a business trip. Should have some stuff up by mid-week.

Also, O'berton is doing some redesign on the website...stop on by, check it out and post here to let us know what you think.

Thanks!

~ Old One

Faded Glory Website

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads