• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AI is stealing writers’ words and jobs…

Ryujin

Legend
I think it's still within the rules to say that SOME PEOPLE (at least, Forbes editors, who create a ranking of countries by numbers of ultra-high net worth individuals, favoring of course low-Gini countries) would see wealth concentration by itself as being a public benefit. It is possible that the appreciation of the public benefit would also be determined by past ability/will of their society to turn GDP increase into a balanced improvement for its population, so countries would have another metric to determine net public interest, leading to different choices over this matter in different jurisdictions.

I can't see research centres relocating to Nepal or Vanuatu, but I can see them going to Europe, Japan, Singapore, China... whichever is the more attractive after they have settled their stance on AI.
See, that's why I didn't want to go any further. There are obvious counters to those statements that can't be pursued, without breaching the rules.

Scribe

Legend
I find the former discussion to be boring, while the other discussion is more fun. I'm sorry if that doesn't go with your ( general your) axe grinding but whatever.

Nah I'm not in it for an axe grind. That path is a dead end. They stole, they are breaking copyright, and they (those creating these tools) are going to screw over many many people, and ruin careers. Nothing I can do about it so...billionaires gonna billionaire.

I have 1000's of images generated, many of which I prefer to stuff WotC has paid likely significant sums for, for my own RPG. Thats what I was using it for. :)

Nah I'm not in it for an axe grind. That path is a dead end. They stole, they are breaking copyright, and they (those creating these tools) are going to screw over many many people, and ruin careers. Nothing I can do about it so...billionaires gonna billionaire.

I have 1000's of images generated, many of which I prefer to stuff WotC has paid likely significant sums for, for my own RPG. Thats what I was using it for. :)
Careful, you might get labeled as an "enabler of the evil corpos" ;)

Maybe i should join the discussion in https://www.enworld.org/threads/revisiting-ai-as-a-gm-support-tool.699879/ as it seems less ax grindy lol

In terms of use, I'd really like to get the necessary investment budget to demonstrate that 200 jobs can easily be redirected from the trite and thankless work of extracting information from various reports in order to make information usable in a decision-making context, to let them focus on the fun part of the job, the actual decision making, doubling overall productivity (well, maybe not that much, but still). The sad thing is that I'm certain the big consulting companies already have finetuned, closed models for that and are using them for profit.

Making illustrations for my campaign journal is a side interest, though much more gratifying during the week-ends.

surprised someone hasn't posted this yet since it goes with the ax grind

BTW, the test:

we examined whether the generated text includes 100 or more characters directly reproduced from a copyrighted book.
For the completion bit the excerpt from Fault in our Stars shows up more than 7000 times on Google Search for example.

Scribe

Legend
I guess the google search results need to be sued for copyright infringement as well

Displaying information, is not quite the same as claiming ones generated text is novel. Or claiming that the image generated is not clearly derived from copyrighted images, stolen from others.

I mean, you keep going on about axes to grind, when really you are the one keeping this going. I already know my position is correct, I dont need to grind any axe.

Its theft all around, and the companies are big enough to get away with it. Its going to ruin some people's careers, and lead to lower head count, as someone clicks 'generate' a bunch of times and is called a concept artist.

Great, fantastic. Wheres the axe grinding? It is what it is.

Remove ads