AI is stealing writers’ words and jobs…

They don't display it to you. Does that mean they aren't doing it in the background?
It's enterally possible, some of the metadata from the images other post on the discord i'm on amount to basically numbers (
exif
45786966000049492a00080000000a000001040001000000000800000101040001000000
000800000201030003000000860000001201030001000000010000001a01050001000000 )
or code like
rgb: 0
exif: b'Exif\x00\x00MM\x00*\x00\x00\x00\x08\x00\x01\x01\x12\x00\x03\x00\x00\x00\x01\x00\x01\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00'
XML:com.adobe.xmp: <x:xmpmeta xmlns:x="adobe:ns:meta/" x:xmptk="XMP Core 6.0.0">
<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns">
<rdf:Description rdf:about=""
xmlns:tiff="http://ns.adobe.com/tiff/1.0/">
<tiff:Orientation>1</tiff:Orientation>
</rdf:Description>
</rdf:RDF>
</x:xmpmeta>

My local models/check points are all based on stable diffusion (1.5 and pervious) and not Dall-E. So they may do the prompt revision in the background and just not show it. The only thing holding me back from upping to the most recent SD is my GPU isn't powerful enough for it.

They don't display it to you. Does that mean they aren't doing it in the background?

They might, but running a LLM locally would gobble a lot of VRAM that would appear in monitoring tools. Also, the weakness of CLIP to analyze the prompt is said to be a liability in prompt understanding so if there was something being done behind the curtains, it would have been detected. It's an open source software after all. And SAI claims that they will use T5-XXL instead of CLIP for their next model, which is a step toward doing prompt rewriting at some point in the future... It points to not being there yet.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
They might, but running a LLM locally would gobble a lot of VRAM that would appear in monitoring tools. Also, the weakness of CLIP to analyze the prompt is said to be a liability in prompt understanding so if there was something being done behind the curtains, it would have been detected. It's an open source software after all. And SAI claims that they will use T5-XXL instead of CLIP for their next model, which is a step toward doing prompt rewriting at some point in the future... It points to not being there yet.
None of that means prompts aren't being rewritten behind the scenes.

Scribe

Legend
This is what happened when I added the word "terminator" revised prompt :
A menacing robot from the future. This muscular, metallic entity stands upright with well-defined humanoid features. The body is sleek and composed of a silver-toned alloy. It has a rectangular face with glowing red optical sensors, resembling angry, piercing eyes. In its stance, it exudes an air of unyielding determination and striking power. It is geared with futuristic weaponry engraved into its arms, encapsulating the distinct intimidation inspired by potential advanced technologies. An overarching sense of dread permeates the scene as it suggests a grim dystopian future where such robotic entities exist."

Sorry, but just to be clear once you added 'Terminator' it leaned into a generated image that we would expect due to the fact "Terminator" is a specific visual style/IP?

I mean is this not just further reinforcement that they stole everyone's IP?

Sorry, but just to be clear once you added 'Terminator' it leaned into a generated image that we would expect due to the fact "Terminator" is a specific visual style/IP?

I mean is this not just further reinforcement that they stole everyone's IP?
If I told an actual person to draw me a terminator style robot from the future and they gave me the second image is that also stealing an IP or is it being influenced by an IP?

Also note that in the revised prompt that you quoted the word terminator doesn't even appear.

Scribe

Legend
so just to be clear since i made the image not for publication nor to profit but only as a demo for what Dall-E does with regards to prompt revision it's okay?

Its OK for you to have it? Sure. You can also draw a 1 to 1 rip of any image/art/text, and as long as you dont try and put it off as your own, or otherwise infringe on the license, nobody is going to show up at your home to take it.

Is it OK for a billion dollar company to train its software and profit off of the theft which lets you generate that image for your personal use?

In no world of ethics or logic.

Remove ads