AI is stealing writers’ words and jobs…

Certain uses don’t require artists to be paid.
But then how could we complain about companies being evil/bad?

Authors Guild v. HathiTrust and upheld in Authors Guild v. Google, the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit held that mass digitization of a large volume of in-copyright books in order to distill and reveal new information about the books was a fair use.

Data Scrapping is legal and has been defended as such a number of times.

I'll also note that none of the media companies (as far as i know) out of the NYT has sued any of the AI companies over infringement when they would have ample evidence to do so.

Not even Nintendo which has been known to go after anyone and anything that breaths funny on their IP has thus far sued as far as i know.

Scribe

Legend
But then how could we complain about companies being evil/bad?

By instead looking at morality, and logic, instead of legal technicality which lobbyists ($$$) can influence.

Not even Nintendo which has been known to go after anyone and anything that breaths funny on their IP has thus far sued as far as i know.

Dall-E very clearly has filtered out or blocked prompts due to potential litigation, we ran into this a bunch in the thread in the other forum. Almost as if there was a reason developers put in such restrictions.

Remove ads