D&D General AI ranks D&D editions

M_Natas

Hero
Let's ask the AI to explain by-the-book initiative.
That is the result:

Topic: The Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition initiative system.

An explanation with example:
The Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition initiative system is a way to keep track of the order of turns in battle. It works by assigning each creature in the battle an initiative score. This score determines the order in which creatures act during combat.

For example, let's say there are four creatures in a battle: a dragon, a wizard, a fighter, and a rogue. The dragon rolls a 20 for initiative, the wizard rolls a 17, the fighter rolls a 13, and the rogue rolls a 4. This means that the dragon has the highest initiative score, followed by the wizard, then the fighter, and finally the rogue. Therefore, the dragon will act first in the battle, followed by the wizard, the fighter, and then the rogue.

The initiative system helps to keep track of who acts when in battle, and makes it easier to manage combat in a timely and organized way. It also allows players and Dungeon Masters to plan ahead and strategize more effectively.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
That is the result:

Topic: The Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition initiative system.

An explanation with example:
The Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition initiative system is a way to keep track of the order of turns in battle. It works by assigning each creature in the battle an initiative score. This score determines the order in which creatures act during combat.

For example, let's say there are four creatures in a battle: a dragon, a wizard, a fighter, and a rogue. The dragon rolls a 20 for initiative, the wizard rolls a 17, the fighter rolls a 13, and the rogue rolls a 4. This means that the dragon has the highest initiative score, followed by the wizard, then the fighter, and finally the rogue. Therefore, the dragon will act first in the battle, followed by the wizard, the fighter, and then the rogue.

The initiative system helps to keep track of who acts when in battle, and makes it easier to manage combat in a timely and organized way. It also allows players and Dungeon Masters to plan ahead and strategize more effectively.
I meant the AD&D 1e rules... I tried it myself, but the first time I got an error (!) and the second time, I got the modern rules.

M_Natas

Hero
Good .... NOW DO 1e!

ETA- that's the new Turing Test. Any writing that successfully explains AD&D (1e) initiative in full cannot be produced by a human.

I don't know if the answer is correct:
Topic: The first edition advanced Dungeons and Dragons initiative system.
An explanation with an example:
The Dungeons and Dragons initiative system is a way of determining the order in which all the players and non-player characters (NPCs) take their turns in combat. In the first edition of the game, the system was based on a simple roll of the dice. Each character's Dexterity score was used to determine their initiative score, which was calculated by adding the character's Dexterity modifier to a d20 roll. The character with the highest initiative score would get to act first, followed by the character with the second highest score, and so on.
For example, let's say a group of five adventurers are involved in a battle with an orc. The party includes Bob (Dexterity 14), Joe (Dexterity 10), Jane (Dexterity 16), Tom (Dexterity 8), and Sally (Dexterity 18). Bob's Dexterity modifier is +2, Joe's is +0, Jane's is +3, Tom's is -1, and Sally's is +4.
If they all roll a d20 at the start of the battle, Bob gets a 10, Joe gets a 16, Jane gets a 7, Tom gets a 10, and Sally gets an 11. This gives Bob an initiative score of 12 (10 + 2), Joe an initiative score of 16 (16 + 0), Jane an initiative score of 10 (7 + 3), Tom an initiative score of 9 (10 - 1), and Sally an initiative score of 15 (11 + 4). Sally has the highest initiative score, so she gets to act first, followed by Jane, Bob, Tom, and Joe.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I more or less got the answer, but it is not correct for 1e. Initiative is rolled for the whole group with a d6. And then there are exceptions and exceptions to the exceptions and contradictions to the exceptions... :)

M_Natas

Hero
I more or less got the answer, but it is not correct for 1e. Initiative is rolled for the whole group with a d6. And then there are exceptions and exceptions to the exceptions and contradictions to the exceptions... :)
How is that answer?
How does the initiative system for the first edition of advanced Dungeons and Dragons work? In the first edition of Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (AD&D), the initiative system was based on the roll of a single six-sided die (d6). Each player—or group of players if they were acting as a team—would roll a d6 and the result of the roll would determine the order of initiative for the round. The highest roll would go first, followed by the second highest, and so on. In the case of a tie, the player who rolled the die first would go first. The initiative system would then be reset at the beginning of each new round.
It was on the third try.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Proof that AI isn't replacing actual writers any time soon lol. Many of those things are...not remotely correct, and some of the most popular discussed features and criticisms aren't even mentioned.
I completely agree. For example, 5e is criticized for lacking player option, but 2e is praised for having many. I don't think it's edition waring to note that this is simply wrong.

However, anyone with a shallow understanding of the topic would be convinced, and that is concerning...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases