Air Conditioner Madness (What do you set yours at?)

What temperature do you usually keep your AC set at when you're home and awake on hot days?

• 78 F / 25.5 C or above

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • 76-77 F / 24.5-25 C

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • 74-75 F / 23.5-24 C

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • 72-73 F / 22-23 C

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • 70-71 F / 21-21.5 C

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • 69 F / 20.5 C or below

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Have AC but don't know what temperature the room is

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Don't have AC even though it often gets above 86 F/30 C

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Don't have AC, but it rarely gets to 86F/30 C here

Votes: 12 15.4%

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I work in property management for a major American retailer. We try to keep our some 2K retail locations at 74F. Since my experience with that, I've taken to maintaining that temp in the summer here in the Twin Cities mid-U.S..

No AC here (definitely not standard in Germany). It tends to get hotter here for extended periods of time in summer (hello climate change!), and when it does I wish I had AC.
It would probably sit around 22 oder 23°C, then, if I didn't have to leave the house much, and 25 or 26°C if I did.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
75 to 77.... Given it hit 112 today, and might be hotter tomorrow, I'm glad we put AC in when we bought this house a couple years ago ... Portland shouldn't be this hot....I admit to looking at other locations this week for housing....

Zardnaar

Legend
Cold fronts here. That dark stuff is from Antarctica, otherwise mild until it got here.

IMG_20210628_160805.jpg

Started snowing briefly walking to the shop.

22C inside, wind-chill supposed to be from -5 to -20. Thankfully on the coast mitigates that to some extent.

Generally an average of 72 F. We set it higher during the day (my office is in the coolest room in the house, so there's no sense in blasting it) and lower at night.

The cats, they flock to the (finished) attic, which has no ductwork. It's the one place they declare a truce.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
My wife wants them all set to 69F. We have window ones, not central air so the room(s) she's in have it set to that, and I'm just in my office with the windows open unless it's really humid. Though truth to tell, the window units don't really get it down that low during the day - the compressors never go off.

Though I have gotten used to sleeping with it like that so she can sleep. I need to wear a sheet over my body and a blanket over my legs. Brrrr.

My kids are split - one of them was wearing a hoodie in an un-airconditioned room for most of yesterday during the heat wave (101-109F) while the other matches my wife and likes it cold.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Sorry to hear that, window units are so damn noisy. Better than nothing tho!
That's a selling feature for my wife, especially when trying to sleep -- she likes the white noise.

But yeah, I'm with you.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases