D&D 5E Am I missing something with Favored Foe?

Manyfuzzybunny

First Post
There are abilities we think are too powerful when they are released, and ones we underestimate. This one is underestimated. Use cases for a lower level ranger are fairly obvious as you'll want to make use of it when low or out of spells.

How about a higher level Ranger?

I have a Tiefling 5th level Gloom Stalker / 5th level Divine Soul / 1st level Cleric of Order / 2nd Level Fighter archer, who is often casting Haste as a bonus action on Rd 1. She has used this a lot since her Tasha rebuild and rarely (long) rests with any of it left available. It usually only triggers damage once per use, but that adds up. When she adds Battlemaster and then adds Assassin, it will get even more useful.
Haste is a concentration spell, and the favored foe ability requires concentration. You can't use both.

Manyfuzzybunny

First Post
There are abilities we think are too powerful when they are released, and ones we underestimate. This one is underestimated. Use cases for a lower level ranger are fairly obvious as you'll want to make use of it when low or out of spells.

I have a Tiefling 5th level Gloom Stalker / 5th level Divine Soul / 1st level Cleric of Order / 2nd Level Fighter archer, who is often casting Haste as a bonus action on Rd 1. She has used this a lot since her Tasha rebuild and rarely (long) rests with any of it left available. It usually only triggers damage once per use, but that adds up. When she adds Battlemaster and then adds Assassin, it will get even more useful.
Haste is a concentration spell, and the favored foe ability requires concentration. You can't use both.

Haste requires concentration, so does ff.

NotAYakk

Legend
You attack 3x, use FF on one of those, bonus action haste (drop FF), attack once more.

It is 1d4 damage per fight. Not zero, but almost as close to zero as you can get without being zero.

Remove ads