D&D 5E Amazon US book sales rank.

gss000

Explorer
I am wondering if I really understand how this works though. Out of simple curiosity is Pathfinder not selling well on Amazon because I didn't find a single ranked book in Gaming. Am I missing something or does everyone purchase direct through Paizo?
This is an issue with how Amazon classify things. If you see a Books ranking you can compare apples to apples. With these sublists, it's Amazon discretion what makes the specific list.

Sometime in the past the new Pathfinder books were shifted from gaming and placed onto Board Game. Exactly why I have no idea.

dave2008

Legend
I am wondering if I really understand how this works though. Out of simple curiosity is Pathfinder not selling well on Amazon because I didn't find a single ranked book in Gaming. Am I missing something or does everyone purchase direct through Paizo?
I have been told that PF doesn't sell a lot on Amazon, but instead through their own online store.

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
This is an issue with how Amazon classify things. If you see a Books ranking you can compare apples to apples. With these sublists, it's Amazon discretion what makes the specific list.

Sometime in the past the new Pathfinder books were shifted from gaming and placed onto Board Game. Exactly why I have no idea.
I would think that Paizo must have requested it.

darjr

I crit!
I keep expecting to see the PHB crash in sales rank and it just doesn’t.
110 out of all books on Amazon us.
86407F67-9E48-4341-8589-3BF6B4D26DC7.jpeg

Last edited:

darjr

I crit!
PHB, 107 out of all books on Amazon US.
Screen Shot 2022-10-15 at 9.52.46 PM.png

Spelljammer just under 1000
Screen Shot 2022-10-15 at 9.54.30 PM.png

Radiant Citadel
Screen Shot 2022-10-15 at 9.55.54 PM.png

Out of the Dungeons and Dragons group rankings
Monsters of the Multiverse is 4
Spelljammer is 7
Essentials is 9
Old starter is 11
Journeys is 15.

New starter set is grouped in Toys and Games

Screen Shot 2022-10-15 at 10.00.12 PM.png

darjr

I crit!
Target has both the Essentials Kit and the Starter Sets in the toy department with the other board games, while the books they carry are in the media aisle with blu-rays, records, and other books so that's consistent with other stores.
It does leave out out of the dnd list in Amazon, I think.

darjr

I crit!
Players Handbook at 146. I wonder if this is the highest rank it's been in this thread?
Screenshot 2022-10-29 at 10.48.18 PM.png

Dragonlance at 3244 a little over a month before release.
Screenshot 2022-10-29 at 10.48.04 PM.png

darjr

I crit!
I think Amazon holiday shoppers depress otherwise regular selling items. The PHB seems to take a dip anyways. Not sure if this is affected.

Anyway Dragonlance Shadow of the Dragon Queen is 1921 out of all books on Amazon US. In preorder.

A9854561-2739-47F2-978C-49579512AEBC.jpeg

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads