• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Amazon US book sales rank.

dave2008

Legend
Wow, 60%-80% off on products, wow! Let's look at the Amazon Canada to see what we save, oh way 80% off on a swift kick to our collective balls, once again. Serious US price $12cad for Dragonheist, Canadian price $60. Serious WotC/Amazon if your going to mug us, at least show Canadians enough respect to threaten us with a weapon first, instead of coming at us like tricker treaters telling us to throw our wallets into their bag.

I already have that product, but it's the absolute insult. I don't even think Canadians can get Dragonheist for $12cad on D&D Beyond with no physical product invovled.

Being Canadian is starting to feel like stumbling accidently into a financial Findom scene, but no one told us the safe word.
Just an FYI, it is my understanding that WotC has nothing to do with the price discounts Amazon offers. At least that is what I have heard. In fact, WotC get's the same money regardless of what Amazon sells it for, again, from what I have heard.

darjr

I crit!
Book of many things. At $99 in preorder it’s ranked 28404 in Toys & Games in preorder

IMG_8565.jpeg

darjr

I crit!
Note I don't post that as an overall comparison with WotC 5e books. I think the Paizo Pathfinder dynamic with books is different enough that even if it was ranked as books it wouldn't give us a good idea about compared sales. If that makes any sense?

I think 5e sales depend much more heavily on the core book sales than Paizo does.

Clint_L

Legend
Well, those bookscan numbers that leaked recently (whi h di not include any FLGS sales, or any alt covers by extension) seem to show a drop-off in Advenrure sales that start just about when they started doing alt covers for Adventures (Ghosts of Saltmarsh in 2019).

This suggests to me that the percentageof books dold at FLGS is probably increased when there is an alt cover.

I think the alt covers must be quite successful, since they went from doing one a year to doing it for every single book.
…remembers the comic book crash of the 1990s…

darjr

I crit!
Release day for Planescape and it's currently the second best selling D&D book! After the PHB. At $60, a big discount already, ranked 225.

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 5.36.06 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 5.35.55 PM.png

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads