D&D General Another D&D cartoon reference, do they mean anything?

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
One of the intriguing things is that if this is a prolonged teaser for the cartoon to enter tabletop is that this would be the first time the marketing department has pushed multiple book products at once.

They've been very linear at pushing a single product at a time

darjr

I crit!
One of the intriguing things is that if this is a prolonged teaser for the cartoon to enter tabletop is that this would be the first time the marketing department has pushed multiple book products at once.

So what then? Just teasing?

Could be.

But also sometimes WotC takes a leak and runs with it.

They are a lot of teasers to be only the revival of the cartoon in Disney+, aren't they? Disney is the true owner of the copyrights, isn't it?

A possibility may be a themed kit, as Stranger Things or Ricky&Morty.

A rebooted cartoon show? Then we should wonder which company. Hasbro has got its own cartoon studios, and also videogames st. A cartoon with option to intercompany crossovers? A true jewel for speculators to sell later to collectors. Maybe the new episodes could be linked with new titles (Theros, Strixhaven, Ravnica, Ravenloft, Witchlight) but then the adventures should travel across the multiverse (would we see an episode in Jackandor or in Dark Sun/Athas?), but avoiding to tell spoilers from the previously published adventures. They shouldn't be the same group from the 80's, because the audience needs characters who understand the modern technology and those things. Why not a halfling who is a reincarnated "isekai" from this world? Maybe the new group should be more "cosmopolitan", with more races, I mean elves, halflings, gnomes, aasimars, hengeyokais..

I remember that episode, the midnight clockwork tower or like this. A friend of the DM's pupils from the our earth was abducted by the villain, and when they tried to send a message to the family he said it was only the night of the same Sunday they went to the theme-park. It wasn't 24 hours after yet in our reality. I guess when DM's pupils return to home, only a day or two passes.

A new brand line? Other theory but we shouldn't wonder what this could offer when there are old glories awaiting a new opportunity, and 3PPs are creating new settings with some very interesting ideas. Maybe this new setting is designed to be the place of possible crossovers and elements of "isekai" fiction, something like a zone used as "firewall" to stop radical changes with contacts with no-fantasy worlds. But this setting should be designed to happen a lot of different things by actions of different groups or factions, and not only when the heroic group arives to the town.

Parmandur

Book-Friend

They aren't really marketing anything...yet.

Jer

Legend
Supporter

I don't think that the cartoon elements entering the tabletop is a one-shot thing. Something about all of these D&D cartoon references just feels more like a coordinated push - it can't just be them tapping into the nostalgia of those of us pushing 50 can it?

(Though the $1400 statue they advertised in the most recent issue of Dragon+ with the kids fighting Tiamat can only be an attempt to tap into the nostalgia of folks pushing 50 tho.)

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I don't think that the cartoon elements entering the tabletop is a one-shot thing. Something about all of these D&D cartoon references just feels more like a coordinated push - it can't just be them tapping into the nostalgia of those of us pushing 50 can it?

(Though the $1400 statue they advertised in the most recent issue of Dragon+ with the kids fighting Tiamat can only be an attempt to tap into the nostalgia of folks pushing 50 tho.)
The odds of a revival aimed at the kids of people would watched the original seems to be increasing.

kapars

Adventurer

It’s interesting that a character is pole vaulting over a dragon breath attack on the box art and in the $1400 statue. Did that happen a lot in the show?

Remove ads