Anyone do a campaign based on the film "The Sword and the Sorcerer"?

Virgo

Explorer
Hello -- as I'm new to this and this is but my 3rd post I hope I'm placing this in the right place. Yes, I know it was a real cheesy film but I was wondering if any of you are doing or have done a campaign based on the 1982 film "The Sword and the Sorcerer." If you have, I'm curious to see how well (or how poorly) it translated to D&D, regardless of edition (1st, 2nd or 3rd.) Thanks for your input!

jasper

Rotten DM
since most of world appears to be generic.
Talon sword. Long sword with 2 short sword blades. +x to hit. I have seen +1 to +5 versions.
Standard action to activate the rocket blade. Range 30 feet.
Talon again I have seen different versions.
3rd edition exotic weapon prof. Rocket blade. Allows Talon to use sword as long sword. Fighter Rogue. Adjust levels for game play.

I would do it as low magic campaign. Players have only 10% chance of being spell caster.

fusangite

First Post
Thanks for posting this. I have a vague recollection of really enjoying this film when it came out on video when I was 12. I'll rent it and get back to you with some ideas.

Virgo

Explorer
Hey, it is I who should be thanking you and jasper for responding! I too remember seeing it in the theater when it first came out and was quite surprised on how it had a more 'adult' tone to it than other sword-and-sorcery films that came out about the same time. Back then no one I knew would even think about running a campaign with that adult of a tone. But seeing on how D&D has evolved to its present formas compared to how it was in 1982 makes me think that what it would be like playing a character in that world. The film is available on DVD now for real low prices -- I found a copy of it on Amazon.com for about 9 bucks. The book I found even cheaper also on amazon.com -- 1 or 2 bucks. I seem to remember a soundtrack for it, but I don't think it was ever made available on CD. If I find any info, I'll post it here. Again, muchas gracias for the feedback!

Remove ads