Anyone else have a bad experience with RPGshop.com?

Jeremy E Grenemyer

Feisty
Supporter
I just placed an order for Sons of Grumsh from them last night (or was it early this morning? ...one day just rolls into the next it seems...).

We'll see how my first transaction with them goes!

J. Grenemyer

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I had an order that was still showing processing after four days and I sent an email to thier customer service...and got a reply in about 2 minutes. Great customer service.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
tensen said:
I believe there is a temporary hole that sucks things in and regurgitates them afterwards.
I can send something to freelancers in UK and freelancers in Canada at the same time... and those in UK many times get it first.

Many times?

I send letters to the US... and they arrive in 2 weeks.

I send letters in the same batch to the UK... and Russ has it in 2-3 days.

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
Morrus said:
Just to remind me (my geography's a bit rusty)... what's that sea called between Canada and the US?

I sent a dvd to a chatroom friend in Canada once through the USPS and the shipping cost me a fortune. It wasn't express or anything either.
Just the nature of the beast I guess.

Particle_Man

Explorer
I have had a bad experience with them.

I ordered "Paranoia XP" on March 9, 2005 (My account number is 36242, by the way, and the order # is 32332). It never arrived, although the record says they shipped it. I emailed them and told them about it and they said they would look into it.

I am still waiting. It makes me reluctant to ever order from them again, that's for sure.

[Edit: Since this post they have contacted me and I got a refund, so that is a good thing].

[2nd Edit: I used the refund to buy (from my FLGS) Paranoia XP: Service Pack 1, a 2nd printing which apparently corrected a few problems with Paranoia XP in its original form. So a happy ending here, in the long run - and no shipping costs, of course].

Last edited:

Jeremy E Grenemyer

Feisty
Supporter
I got the adventure today that I ordered back on the 10th.

As someone who's spent a few years helping run multiple online businesses, I can relate to what it’s like to do this sort of thing. This is why I appreciate fast and efficient service.

And that’s exactly what I got, in a very no-frills manner.

The book arrived in a typical US Post Office Priority Mail Envelope. Because the product I ordered is a small softcover, I can see why RPGshop used the Envelope size typically used to send documents.

The book wasn't wrapped or covered, but simply inserted in the envelope. As expected the invoice was folded in with the book.

The price point reduction (compared to the suggested retail price) didn't offset the cost of shipping (which seemed kind of high, even for flat rate Priority Mail service).

But on the other hand the USPS has been pushing their rates up and up of late, so the cost I was charged might just be RPGshop's exact cost as well. The package did include a proof of delivery code, which is good.

I can see myself going back to RPGshop to make multi-item purchases for those hard to get or otherwise unique items my FLGS doesn’t carry (and would either charge a premium for ordering or take forever to get in to the shop).

J. Grenemyer

Lela

First Post
Lela said:
I'm having an issue where I ordered a book both electronically and physically. We've gotten a lot of use out of the copy I printed at Kinkos (stupid me-forgot to have it printed in black and white-$80 book, oi vey) but it's been a couple months and I've yet to receive the actual book.

We're currently working it out via e-mail. Seems it was shipped but the USPS forgot the delivery part. No one seems to know where it's hiding. I'll drop whatever happens in here.

Well, turns out it was delivered to my apartment's management office. I'd checked with them multiple times but it had been buried under a few mounds of stuff and wasn't found until they cleaned out for this new semester.

So, not RPGNow.com's fault (in fact, they've been wonderful throughout this whole thing). Nor do I blame my management office.

I'm more annoyed at the USPS, who delivers all of my mail to the management office and expects them to sort and distribute to hundreds of people. That's not their job--though they do it remarkably well--and it shouldn't be expected of them.

genshou

First Post
Lela said:
Well, turns out it was delivered to my apartment's management office. I'd checked with them multiple times but it had been buried under a few mounds of stuff and wasn't found until they cleaned out for this new semester.

So, not RPGNow.com's fault (in fact, they've been wonderful throughout this whole thing). Nor do I blame my management office.

I'm more annoyed at the USPS, who delivers all of my mail to the management office and expects them to sort and distribute to hundreds of people. That's not their job--though they do it remarkably well--and it shouldn't be expected of them.
And here I never knew you were waiting on copies of any books...

I'm guessing you're talking about Elements of Magic Revised?

I've never ordered aything physical from RPGshop, but it sounds like any problems that could occur are quickly resolved–good for company rep. That'll stick in my mind.

Remove ads