• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone have Kloogwerks experience?

MeanGenes

First Post
Hi all,
Some of my old high school buddies and I want to start an online 3rd edition campaign and we're looking for software that will help us run the game. Now, one friend of mine has suggested we use Kloogwerks. I've been to the site and downloaded the master and client (haven't bought the license yet).

Can someone who's used Kloogwerks to run a campaign tell me what it was like and how it compares to tabletop RP'ing?

aliberator

First Post
Get it today

What is gaming like using Klooge? Great. Absolutely great. Granted nothing compares to face to face. You can never buy software that can duplicate the smell of pizza, the looks on your friends faces when an ogre crushes them, and that kind of stuff. But if you are like me and all your gaming buddies live in different states then face to face really isn't an option. The next best thing to face to face is Klooge. I have tried almost every system to play DnD online and have found Klooge to be by far the best. You have lots of control over how the game is run and how it looks. The interface is pretty easy to learn, unlike some other gaming software, it is attractive to the eye, and it has more bells and whistles than the competetion.

Trust me buy it and goof around with it for a few hours and you will be hooked. I love having my orcs target my PCs, rolling the attacks, and watching as the damage is automatically applied. I love sending sounds to my players when funny things happen (I send Monty Python sounds, 3 stooges, Army of Darkness, and a whole other slew of things). I love using any image I can find off the net for my monsters and PCs and I love making my own maps and playing right on them. Can you tell I love this system?

Get it and see if you don't agree. And hey if you don't like it as much as I do then just tell Kurris and the rest at Klooge and the odds are good they will change the system. One of the best parts of Klooge are how open the developers are to ideas and how quickly they implement them. Since I bought Klooge (5 months ago) I have seen significant improvements based on user input. For instance a customer recently suggested that Klooge be changed to allow us to import character sheets made on E-tools. A month later we now have that ability and it sure speeds up my DM prep time!

To summarize Klooge is a nice looking easy to use utility that does a great job simulating the face to face experience. You won't find better. Good luck, let me know if I can answer any other questions.

MeanGenes

First Post
We purchased the licenses for Kloogewerks the other day and we were impressed. We haven't run any adventures yet because we're still trying to figure out the software, but we're very happy with it.

I have a question. Is there a way for the DM to transfer control of a figure on a map to another player? Or is the DM essentially the only one who can control the figure around the map?

Thanks.

DM

First Post
Sure. Simply click the fist button on the toolbar. This will allow players (clients) to move character icons and friendly NPC icons around on the map.

I would also suggest that you take a look at the Edit/Preferences section on the Master’s side. There are a number of options you can set within this section that affect how much control the players (clients) have over the game and setting that will affect the look of your game.

If you have any other question, comments, or suggestions, feel free to ask them here or on our forum site:

http://www.kloogeinc.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi

I hope you and group enjoy gaming with Werks!

Remove ads