D&D 4E Anyone know a Pro-4e site?

Jon Wake

First Post
I had a nice little "Reboot Ravenloft" thread going that was positive.

Still, people seem to think the Internet is their Personal Arguing Machine. I don't understand the usefulness of all the whinging, it just makes me feel bad for my hobby. I used to say, wow, what a creative and interesting bunch in the RPG world! Now I cringe. Message boards filled with people who would rather complain than go and write their own rules have made me miserable about my hobby.

zoroaster100

First Post
I am hoping that as we get closer to 4E coming out, we'll have more and more threads for people who have already decided to switch and just want to discuss how to use 4E (creating original 4E monsters, spells, campaigns, etc.) and not whether to switch to 4E.

I don't mind that there are threads where people who hate 4E can tell the world why they hate it. But I would like to see at least some threads that focus on the task at hand for those of us who are already 100% decided, without having to waste time ready so many posts from people who are totally negative about the new edition.

diaglo

Adventurer
hennebeck said:
I'm looking for a website that is Pro-4e.
Someplace I can get excited about the new edition without having to hear alot of negativity.

I understand that ENWorld is a place for discussion and discussions presumably need both sides.
Does anyone know of a place with just the "Yay for 4e" side?

i was gonna suggest www.tsr.com

you get it straight from the source that way.

Darkwolf71

First Post
What's wrong with honest discussion? I mean, the blindly fanatical 4e guys are IMO every bit as annoying as the blind raving 4e haters. I think that civil discussion by both sides would be far more bennifecial than 'the other side stay out' types of threads. Besides, where does that leave guys like me? I still haven't committed to either side of the fence. I will at least be giving the game as a whole a fair chance to convince me, but there are certainly pieces of what I've seen so far that I'm not sure I care for. Only being allowed to voice half of my opinions in any given thread is just damn silly.

Carnivorous_Bean

First Post
Darkwolf71 said:
What's wrong with honest discussion? I mean, the blindly fanatical 4e guys are IMO every bit as annoying as the blind raving 4e haters. I think that civil discussion by both sides would be far more bennifecial than 'the other side stay out' types of threads. Besides, where does that leave guys like me? I still haven't committed to either side of the fence. I will at least be giving the game as a whole a fair chance to convince me, but there are certainly pieces of what I've seen so far that I'm not sure I care for. Only being allowed to voice half of my opinions in any given thread is just damn silly.

So every thread has to be a venue for a knock-down, drag-out argument about "verisimilitude" that neither side can win? :\

Actually, I think what he's looking for, is a place to discuss rules with other people who like them on the whole, rather than just constantly saying that the new rules are inferior to every other RPG ever published, that it's not D&D any more, that it's an evil plot to reduce D&D gamers to a bunch of drooling video game anime board game players.

For example, a discussion on -- "what is the most interesting and creative way to use kobolds under these new rules?"

Rather than -- "why are all the names for the new kobold variants stupid, the idea of having different abilities for PCs and monsters stupid, and oh yes, at will and per encounter powers are stupid and so anime and videogamey, and the fact that there are no 'basic' kobolds who are nothing but a walking 4 hit points with weak damage and no flavor at all has totally ruined all sense of verisimilitudinousexpialodocious?"

Seems like a clear-cut and valid desire to me.

Last edited:

EricNoah

Adventurer
I think EN World, in trying to have the best of both worlds (a place for players of either edition), is always going to have an uncomfortable air of conflict. It's a delicate balance. I don't envy the moderators!

I do think that the anti-4E crowd, in general, could do a much better job of not threadcrapping, based on what I've seen over the past couple of months. In a 4E forum, I think pro-4E sentiments, even if not supported or defended, should be allowed and encouraged and I think the anti-4E posters should tread a little more carefully so as to not ruin other people's fun.

I also think that once the game is out there will be less of a problem -- particularly if Russ re-arranges and adds some forums (a 4E section with a rules subforum, for example).

Remove ads