• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Anyone know a Pro-4e site?

Majoru Oakheart

Adventurer
I think the point is that right now, you can post on the rules board with a question like "What makes a good rogue?" and you'll get a bunch of helpful answers from people who like playing 3.5e D&D and can suggest feats and the like.

However, most of the threads I see here where people try to discuss things in a similar manner get threadcrapped, generally with a comment similar to "Don't you know you can't play Rogues in 4e, WOTC decided to turn them into game pieces in a board game instead." or "I've read the Rogue preview and I think they suck."

Sometimes it IS nice to discuss something without a lot of conflict.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
hennebeck said:
I'm looking for a website that is Pro-4e.
Someplace I can get excited about the new edition without having to hear alot of negativity.

I understand that ENWorld is a place for discussion and discussions presumably need both sides.
Does anyone know of a place with just the "Yay for 4e" side?

I certainly hope this isn't the way you deal with the rest of your life.

Discussion and debate is healthy, kiddo. Edited unnecessary political reference. -Eridanis

If you want nothing but healthy plugging for the new system you don't need to look far though. I'm sure WotC would be more than happy to laud the many great achievements of 4e on their site.

Last edited by a moderator:

FireLance

Legend
airwalkrr said:
Discussion and debate is healthy, kiddo.
Discussion and debate are healthy, but they are not always appropriate.

Ever sit in at a brainstorming meeting where you are trying to encourage people to come up with wild and crazy ideas, and to let their creativity run free and explore all the possibilities? The last thing you need at such a meeting is the wet blanket that keeps finding faults, problems and concerns with every suggestion. Such a person can kill the mood, sap the energy, and drain the fun out of a brainstorming session.

I've found that the best thing to do is to keep such people out of brainstorming sesions. You can always bring them in later, when the ideas have been refined and we need someone to spot the flaws.

Set

First Post
Wisdom Penalty said:
That being said, how can the pro-4E guys be nasty and negative? I just don't see it. What's wrong with a guy posting that he's very excited about 4E and looks forward to running a game using that version of D&D?

By responding to any concern about 4E by attacking the poster as a hater, whiner, basement-dweller, troll, grognard, lying hypocrite who is going to buy the game the second it hits the shelves despite saying that they aren't, irrational and / or a 'religious fanatic.' All from the supposedly anti-4E Paizo boards, where a small selection of trolls hurled venom and abuse at anyone who didn't support 4E sight-unseen, and then had the freaking balls to post threads about all the 'negativity' and 'name-calling' from those who still liked 3.5. (Removed unnecessary political reference - Rel. Throw poop and then complain about all the poop stinking up the place!)

The pro-4E camp was in a minority, roughly half the size of the pro-3E camp, so perhaps they felt it necessary to put their backs to the wall and start spewing venom as fast as they could, while begging for moderation to stop the mean nasty 'haters' from responding to their flames.

*Some* pro-4E people are cool and reasonable and *many* 4E ideas are neat-sounding#, and I'd like to hear more, but the pro-4E crowd (and this is from the designers on down) have an unfortunate tendency to say, 'Well, 3E is boring, broken and unplayable, and if you like this, your games are boring, too, so here's what we are doing in 4E.'

Any interest I have in 4E is *not* based on how much 3E may suck, and I *really* don't need to hear that the product I paid thousands of bucks buying is unplayable, broken and I am boring for liking it, from *the same darn company* who sold it to me, and now want me to buy something else from them! That's some quality marketing there, Bubba...

"Oh, sorry, our last line of Bleem trucks tend to explode and if yours hasn't yet, it's only a matter of time, and you'd be *crazybadwrongfun* to keep driving it. Wanna buy a Bleem 2?"

#With the obvious corollary that *some* pro-3E people are totally out of line and *also* get abusive and down with the name-calling, and I cringe to see them 'on my side,' just as I imagine that the serious pro-4E camp cringes to see pro-4E posters insulting and belittling others, since it does nothing but get knees-jerking and people starting threads complaining about the negativity and factionalization and all that jazz... Additionally, 3E has a *bunch* of stuff that could be improved, which doesn't mean that *any* change is going to automagically be better, just because it's a change.

Last edited by a moderator:

Psion

Adventurer
Tashtego said:
The d20 forum on rpg.net is having a few technical discussions at the moment, with no signs of hate posting.

Wot? Stormbringer is away for the day?

Seriously, as pro-4e as I find these forums, I almost find RPGnet's d20 forum even more so, if you don't count Stormbringer.

JRRNeiklot

First Post
Why on earth would you want an only pro anything board?

Poster1: I love 4e!

Poster2: Me too!

Poster3: Me too!

Poster4: (Banned for 2 weeks) EDITED by Mod for only moderately loving 4e.

Poster5: 4e Rocks!

If it was me, I'd start a pro 4th edition thread, ask for no threadcrapping and put anyone who posted anti 4th edition stuff on it on ignore.

Pretty soon EnWorld would look like a pro 4th edition paradise. (Or a collection of empty threads with no posters you can see :) )

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
JRRNeiklot said:
Why on earth would you want an only pro anything board?

Poster1: I love 4e!

Poster2: Me too!

Poster3: Me too!

Poster4: (Banned for 2 weeks) EDITED by Mod for only moderately loving 4e.

Poster5: 4e Rocks!

Because that is not what he is talking about, and went to pretty great lengths in this thread (along with others) to explain that isn't what he is talking about, and why you would want something like what he is talking about.

It's not like the 3e rules forum reads like what you wrote, but it is safe to say the 3e rules for is pro-3e.

Will

First Post
... Are you joking, Psion? Didn't you HEAR?

Stormbringer got his ass kicked off the rpg.net d20 forum. He's not totally banned... but he can't post on d20. Ever.

Halle:):):):)inglujah.

Last edited:

Remove ads