Anyone seen "The Order"?

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Tsyr said:
BTW, Mark... is your boingy-boingy avatar broke, or is it my browser? I see one frame that stays the same while the animation plays...

Boingy! Boingy! is working fine on my browser. Hmm...

Tsyr

Explorer
Mark Chance said:
By the same token, don't expect an actual knowledge of Catholicism would clarify anything about the movie other than how egregiously wrong are its representations of Catholicism. That was my real point, not that anyone would turn to the movie as a teaching tool (or, at least, I certainly hope no one would). :)

Well, the two are sometimes not connected... For example, while I would never turn to "Last Samurai" to learn anything about Japanese culture, a forknowledge of Japanese culture going into the movie did help me understand a few things in the movie that I don't think a lot of people quite got.

Was wondering if the same would be true here.

Tsyr

Explorer
Hmmm... Yeah, it's my browser... I switched to Mozilla 1.4 from Konquerer 3.1.4, and it works now... huh. Strange little bug...

Jamdin

Explorer
I watched The Order last week and wished they would have kept the original title, Sin Eater. There were confusing moments. Watching the deleted scenes helped clear up some of the confusion but not much. I did like the ending but I thought it could have been a much better movie overall.

Asmo

First Post
I hope that we are not talking about Van Dammes "The Order". :D Words cannot describe how bad that movie is. The only thing I can remember is that it deals with the Crusaders and Jerusalem... horrible stuff.
And that´s not even one of his worst films :)

Asmo

Mog Elffoe

Explorer
The first half of it has some really neat stuff, like the demon kids and Mark Addy as the other priest that's trained to deal with the supernatural. I actually liked Mark Addy quite a bit in it. The movie would've been much, much better if it had followed his character more. As it was, it just sort of drifts apart after a while.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I saw the Sin Eater pre-release version of this film a year or so ago, and I thought it was pretty good back then. I heard they changed things around to "jazz it up" a bit and that these changes hurt the film. That's too bad.

I was thinking of running a d20 Modern campaign based on it when I first saw it.

Remove ads