• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Apologies and Explanations

Eluvan

First Post
Hi everybody. Those of you who know me probably know me as 'that ass who went MIA a few months back and left me in the lurch'. Which is a fair description, I suppose...

I don't really have an excuse for dropping off the map the way I did. A lot was going on in my life, and I was getting progressively more and more stressed out and irritated. I was also trying to take on too much here on these boards. I guess the real problem was my involvement with the IR. I really should have known better than to try to play in that I think, particularly as one of the major powers. Everybody was awesome in that game, so helpful and everything, so that I kept fooling myself I could manage it. And maybe I could have, if I'd taken everybody's advice and not worried about the mechanics. But because of the kind of person I am I felt like I just had to master the mechanical side of the game too, and I tortured myself for waaaay too long worrying about it when I really didn't have the time. In the end the stress just got too great, and I took the coward's way out. I'm not trying to lay blame at anybody else's feet, only to try to explain my actions. I take full responsibility for what I did, and I can only offer my profuse apologies for it. I seriously hate, hate, hate it when people who let down their gaming groups without even the courtesy of notifying them of why, and I feel awful for having been guilty of such a thing myself.

I know that it's going to be hard for people to trust me after that incident, particularly the people I let down, but I am hopeful that slowly I can begin to reinvolve myself with this community. Life is calming down, and I'm missing this place. I hope people can forgive me for betraying their trust the way I did.

That said... I don't know how many of the players of my two old games are still around, or interested, but if there are sufficient numbers of them then I would be very willing to try to move those games along again. I still have all my notes, and would enjoy the opportunity to run those games once more.

doghead

thotd
Hey Eluvan

I will admit to the odd uncharitable thought when you went MIA. But it takes courage to step up and fess up your failings :) .

So as far as I am concerned, apology accepted and mattered closed in this corner of cyberspace.

As you probably know by now, Lirithan is rather dead. But if you should ever wish to get into a game I am running, feel free to post up an mention it.

Welcome back.

thotd.

Eluvan

First Post
Thanks a lot doghead!

I really am grateful to you for being so gracious about accepting the apology offered. Many wouldn't have been so charitable after being let down like that, so thankyou. Best of luck to you and the players that remain in Shamutanti Hills, and I look forward to playing with you in the future. :)

Isida - thanks to you also for your kindness in not holding a grudge. It's looking doubtful that we're going to get our full contingent of players back for Of Wealth And Taste, but I really would like to run it. I think I'll recrecruit soon, and of course you'll have a guaranteed place, so hopefully you'll get the chance to use Vestra in the fairly near future.

Last edited:

Eluvan

First Post
Hmmm, maybe I spoke too soon. Good to see you again Synchronicity, and thankyou for your trust.

That's two of four players gathered back to OWaT. Cool. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads