• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arabesu's Eyes of the Lich Queen, w/ Boons! - OOC

moritheil

First Post
Not a problem :D

Nice damage rolls! We may be able to wrap this up soon. I think the 20' of obscuring mist presents our third archer enemy with an interesting choice - he probably can only move 15' while sneaking about, so he has the choice of either spending a turn moving, then moving and shooting (and not hiding), or spending two turns moving and one turn sniping. By then his compatriots should be dealt with. Given that I cast the mist from a distance of one square gap, he will be out after one turn of sneaking (unless he guesses the direction poorly), but at that point his LOS will still be cut off by the main body of the cloud.

EDIT: I checked the hide rules. He can snipe as part of a ranged attack, but takes a -20 to hide. So that means I'm only eating one round of his time, if he's confident in his hide check. Oh well.

Last edited:

moritheil

First Post
Jack of Tales said:
Unless of course after seeing two of his lieutenant hit and almost taken down he chooses to run!

He's not seeing anything, remember? :]

Admittedly, Rosa doesn't know the specifics of how the fight is going either, once the mist goes up, but the logic is that if we have more numbers, tying up one of the enemy while tying up one of ours so that the rest of the party can kill the others is a winning trade.

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
Vertexx69 said:
OOC - The OOC sub-block in my post states reasons and questions for my current AC and to hit as well as damage potential (lvl4 rangers are spellcasters etc.). :)
Not arcane ones, though, so Magebane wouldn't effect them anyway, right?

[EDIT] Duh! Ninja'd by moritheil. :)

renau1g

First Post
moritheil said:
He's not seeing anything, remember? :]

Admittedly, Rosa doesn't know the specifics of how the fight is going either, once the mist goes up, but the logic is that if we have more numbers, tying up one of the enemy while tying up one of ours so that the rest of the party can kill the others is a winning trade.

Fenwick's in the same situation. He can't see things, but figure'd a ghost sound might tie up at least one of them to allow his companions to take out the other. If they're still kicking maybe he'll shoot a Magic Missile, which isn't affected by their concealment.

moritheil

First Post
renau1g said:
Fenwick's in the same situation. He can't see things, but figure'd a ghost sound might tie up at least one of them to allow his companions to take out the other. If they're still kicking maybe he'll shoot a Magic Missile, which isn't affected by their concealment.

Yes; that comment in Gnomish was for his benefit on the off chance that he can't understand Draconic. It was a very good idea.

Douane said:
Ninja'd by moritheil. :)
Just filling my role :]

moritheil

First Post
Well, it looks like it's gone bottoms up for getting out of this one without alerting the lizardfolk as a whole. I imagine we'll have a quick debate about what to do after we wrap this up.

EDIT: Good grief, don't feel afraid to post your thoughts, people! :\ I can't possibly be the only one who looks at how a battle is going!

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads