• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are there any Artifacts/Relic which can seal off/send away an entire Plane?

StarFyre

Explorer
For the expected finale of a long running (17 years so far) campaign -- still a couple years away prob, looking into if there are any published ("official") artifacts/relics, etc that would allow ...well, anyone, to seal off a plane completely such that any gods that exist in that realm can no longer access/grant spells/gain power from followers in the rest of the D&D universe?

In the end, I'll make up my own or modify items I have heard of that may be similar, but I always prefer to use official items if they exist in some source material/novel, etc.

(any edition is fine as I'll convert it to 3.5e/pathfinder if needed)

The only leads I have, is i read about some artifact Asmodeus had in 'Paladin in Hell' which he used to trap a city or a world or something? not that familiar with it; would need to buy the adventure if it's the closest thing around.

Any other suggestions?

Regards,

Sanjay

I was in a game where a cabal of wizards "locked" the prime material plane. This prevented planar travel and stopped the spread of negative energy from a tear in the plane's fabric. It didn't stop divine magic but it may be something you could work with.

The only official artifact I can think of would be from The Shackled City (a 3.5 campaign path) where a special cage was built to contain a demon prince. I'm sure you could re-fluff it and stick a deity in it and prevent them from granting spells and powers.

jefgorbach

First Post
The Dragonkings isolated their world of Athas(sp; Darksun) from the rest of the multiverse using a Grey Mist, as did the Dark Lords (Ravenloft) ... however I dont recall either setting detailing exactly how it was created in either setting.

nijineko

Explorer
lolth used something similar designed to slowly absorb the entire material plane into the abyss. check out the city of istivin in the country of sterich in greyhawk for details.

the short answer is yes. the codex of infinite planes. good luck finding the page that spell is on, however. not to mention what'll happen to the poor sap actually attempting to read it. ^^

StarFyre

Explorer
thanks guys. i'll use that Codex of Infinite Planes (that long custom write up mixed with a bit of the Epic Level Handbook version)

:)

Sanjay

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads