• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Are you going to buy 5e?

Are you going to buy 5e?

• Yes, pre-ordered it

Votes: 135 48.6%
  • Yes, but haven't pre-ordered

Votes: 72 25.9%
  • No, but I might

Votes: 50 18.0%
  • No, it's not my kind of game

Votes: 21 7.6%

Torg Smith

First Post
On this topic, did anyone else notice that this week's DnD Classics New Releases article on the WotC web site did not list any releases for next week? Usually both the current week's releases and next week's releases are covered in that article.

However, when Scourge of the Sword Coast and Dead in Thay were released as PDFs, those were the only releases for that week, and the previous week's news article either listed no releases for the next week (see this article from the week before SotSC) or only listed the new release (see this article from the week before DiT).

All of this makes me wonder if we aren't going to see a 5e PDF release (Basic D&D? Starter Set?) next week.

I had noticed that as well. I would expect them to hold off until Thursday though if they do. I wish they would release the classics with the new for even more PDFs. XD

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
On this topic, did anyone else notice that this week's DnD Classics New Releases article on the WotC web site did not list any releases for next week? Usually both the current week's releases and next week's releases are covered in that article.
False alarm. As usual, DnDClassics had five releases this week (Dragons of Deceit, Tales of Enchantment, Elves of Athas, Planes of Law, and Scourge of the Howling Horde). WotC just left these releases off last week's news article, for some reason.

pemerton

Legend
I think the admins are professional enough that, if they didn't make a specific statement, you wouldn't know what games they liked or didn't like.
As best I recall, [MENTION=114]Plane Sailing[/MENTION]'s favourite fantasy RPG is Runequest. An excellent game!, though not my personal favourite.

Torg Smith

First Post
False alarm. As usual, DnDClassics had five releases this week (Dragons of Deceit, Tales of Enchantment, Elves of Athas, Planes of Law, and Scourge of the Howling Horde). WotC just left these releases off last week's news article, for some reason.

Probably to throw us off. They could be quite busy with the release of 5th Edition.

I did notice that July 15, Aug 19, and Sep 30 all fall on a Tuesday. Now Nov 19 is on a Wednesday that throws it out of whack a bit.

MechaPilot

Explorer
I'll buy the first three books, but I don't know about any more than that. I'm still waiting to be wow'd by DDN. I'm hoping the modular aspect of the DMG will provide that for me.

Li Shenron

Legend
Will buy the PHB/MM/DMG after previewing them in the FLGS. First print if they don't have too many errata, otherwise I'll wait for a second print.

Will buy a few Starter Sets as presents, but later (e.g. around Xmas).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads