D&D General Are you jumping ship? What will you be switching to?

What system will you switch to?

• Pathfinder

Votes: 60 42.3%
  • Fantasy AGE

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • The One Ring

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Dungeon World/PbtA

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • FATE

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Cortex

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Genesys

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Cypher

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 100 70.4%
  • SotDL/SotWW

Votes: 12 8.5%

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Is Drakkenheim as good as it looks? Those Canadian fellas have one of my favorite YT channels and I've been tempted to grab the setting
Dungeons of Drakkenheim is an adventure centered and focused on the city of Drakkenheim itself.

It is a very usable, well written campaign. Clearly a lot of thought was given to usability, much much more so than most WotC adventures. I very highly recommend it. It's not for a beginner GM, and it's not for every group, but for some it's A+ material.

It's formatted as a series of small/medium dungeons/adventures. Each adventure has 2-5 hooks, and an "aftermath" section - consequences of various outcomes of said adventures. So in theory, someone could buy the book and "extract" some of these dungeons and insert them in another campaign, but I feel the campaign itself has a lot of value.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
I was very excited about Spelljammer but I think I'll hack a hack of my Black Hack hack to run it. BH is still technically OGL but I'm not really concerned since I wasn't really planning on selling anything.

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
Too early to say if I will be jumping ship, but I did purchase the Pathfinder 2E Beginner Box this morning, and Modiphius's Fallout Starter Set a few days ago. Will also be following what Level Up: A5E does with great interest, having enjoying playing that last year.

I will definitely keep playing and running D&D, but jury is very much out on buying anything else from WotC.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
I’ve not run anything in a while as I have no active group. But I’m quite intrigued by 7th Sea, and my daughter is very keen to run Star Trek Adventures. Sadly we don’t live in the same city any more, and I don’t like playing virtually.

Remove ads