D&D General Art that exemplifies D&D to you.

Draegn

Explorer
My players think they are sophisticated.

Archduke-Leopold-William-Picture-Gallery-canvas-oil-1651.jpg

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
FB540161-B7F2-4076-A4BE-6C3AEFCF9CAD.jpeg

Dragonlance.
I played D&D as a teen because of Dragonlance. As a kid I didn’t know D&D was A thing, and then didn’t realize it was the origin of Dragonlance. We played HeroQuest and we LARPed in front and back yards, and we expanded HeroQuest to be more than it was out of the box, but it wasn’t until middle school or so, after playing Baldur’s Gate, that I found D&D as a tabletop rpg.

But honestly, I’m with Jerry Holkins. If it can go on the side of a van, it’s D&D.

Reynard

Legend
View attachment 120570
Dragonlance.
I played D&D as a teen because of Dragonlance. As a kid I didn’t know D&D was A thing, and then didn’t realize it was the origin of Dragonlance. We played HeroQuest and we LARPed in front and back yards, and we expanded HeroQuest to be more than it was out of the box, but it wasn’t until middle school or so, after playing Baldur’s Gate, that I found D&D as a tabletop rpg.

But honestly, I’m with Jerry Holkins. If it can go on the side of a van, it’s D&D.
I discovered D&D before I discovered Dragonlance, but not by much (10 years old and 12, respectively). But because of when I discovered dragonlance, it was and still is a great influence on my love of D&D. Tolkien pastiche or not, DL laid the foundations of what I prefer in both written fantasy and D&D: flawed characters, melodrama, faux-medievalism, over the top villains, character death, and hot elf princesses.

Mepher

Adventurer
I discovered D&D before I discovered Dragonlance, but not by much (10 years old and 12, respectively). But because of when I discovered dragonlance, it was and still is a great influence on my love of D&D. Tolkien pastiche or not, DL laid the foundations of what I prefer in both written fantasy and D&D: flawed characters, melodrama, faux-medievalism, over the top villains, character death, and hot elf princesses.

I was the same way. Discovered DL Chronicles about a year after really getting into D&D and taking over the role of DM. Consuming every DL novel I could, owning the 1E Dragonlance Adventures Hardcover, and having a small fold out map of Ansalon was how I spent the next decade running my games.

Remove ads