Ashy's Oathbound Campaign, OOC [ARCHIVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hafrogman

Adventurer
I'll accept a nomination for second in command (I get to strike dramatic poses and tell the team leader that they can't go on away missions, right?), and since nobody else seems better suited I will second Baja's nomination of himself for team leader :)

ferretguy

First Post
Julian is posted...
Although he would accept any nomination for leadership or 2nd in charge his years spent studying in the monastary has best suited him to not lead but to offer advice when needed....
Perhaps it would be best if he would be 2nd in charge...especially if Baja is in charge...

hafrogman

Adventurer
we seem to have lost all of our spellcasters and retained all of our melee fighters. This could cause a slight difficulty.

Ferrix

Explorer
hafrogman said:
we seem to have lost all of our spellcasters and retained all of our melee fighters. This could cause a slight difficulty.

I could shift around to a caster type, if Ashy would let me I'd love to play that druid I was hoping to play in Kahuna's with the UA variants. Or I can work something else up.

Ashy

First Post
Yea, I've been looking this over as well. I was hoping that a couple of other folks from the old game would jump in, but it seems they're not about as much any more. Ferrix, I am pretty much game with anything - go ahead and toss him into the RG as well - you can play him, no prob. I say keep Faustus in there, too, I might let you play two characters, if you would like.

I really wanted to get started, but I guess I will have to call for a couple of other players... Thoughts? Ideas? Opinions?

EDIT: Actually, I think that (unless anybody has a problems with it) that I will open up the game to spellcasting types only and I will just drop them into the game once they get ready. That way, we can still start tomorrow, and still get the spellcasters we need. Ferrix, it is up to you whether you play the druid or Faustus.

I *could* play an NPC spellcaster, but I would rather not. Gang - let me know what you think ASAP so I can post a notice to garner new players, if that is what we decide to do.

Also, since I was not around then, could someone post the exact character creation rules that KB was using? Thanx!!

:cool:

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
KB's Creation Guidelines

35 pnt buy
7th Level
10,000gp in equipment (and beware the sifter)
Starting age should be around 20-23 years, (thus excluding dwarves, elves, and gnomes as viable race options)
Rules are 3.5 w/some holdovers

KB was open to a bunch of 3rd party stuff and didn't list anything other than the above really

Ferrix

Explorer
Ashy, I had wanted to use both druid variants from UA, the druidic avenger and the one that replaced armor prof and wildshape with some monk and ranger like abilities but however realized (now) that it wouldn't really fit the mental image of what i'd like to play now.

I want to play a blind druid and have changed the concept a bit from the original, what I'd like to do is drop the armor proficiencies and the spontaneous summoning for the monk's wisdom to AC and that's it, as I don't see the rest all together fitting. I'd want to take something along the lines of the vow of poverty, but as the equipment equivalent we're getting is less it would be too much, if we could work something out that'd be great.

If that doesn't fit so well, I've got some other ideas floating around.

hafrogman

Adventurer
I think that opening up the game to spellcasters would work fine. One would give us a fair balance if Ferrix goes with some druid type, and probably a couple if he stays with Faustus.

Ferrix

Explorer
Okay... ideas for a caster

here's four of them, i'm pretty certain i'd enjoy playing any of the four so let me hear your voice (plus i don't get to play casters that often)

Arius Keld, NG Cloistered Cleric of Boccob 7: Arius' is a wise sage and a skilled healer, he has minor proficiency with magical items of a wizard.

Sans, NG Druid 7: Sans is a blind wise man, he has an uncanny ear and is surprisingly able to make his way around without help.

Zent Kyllan, LN Battle Sorcerer 6/Eldritch Knight 1: Zent is a sorcerer born in the fields of battle, serving from a young age in the militia he quickly realized his magical talents and put them to use in his wartorn country

Kiera Solstrom, NG Cleric of Pelor 6/Radiant Servant of Pelor 1: Kiera is a pure heart with a wisdom beyond her years and a pious servant of her lord Pelor, grown up on a farm, her family was slaughtered by undead soldiers during a war which raged across her land fought by wizards. Saved only by the grace of Pelor, she has followed his path as an individual apart from the church.

Vendetta

First Post
deadestdai just gave me a call and told me about this thread. I didn't know the original adventure but read through this thread. I'd be willing to play some kind of spellcaster, A Psion or what ever kind the group needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads