Ashy's Oathbound Campaign, OOC [ARCHIVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashy

First Post
NEW IC thread
NEW OOC thread

Here begins the OOC thread...

I just wanted to let everyone know a few things before we start, so that everyone involved will make sure they know what they are getting in to with me as a DM.

1. I far favor story over rules, and as such, I try and keep the mechanics as transparent as possible. Also, to this end, I would gladly sacrifice a rule or two in the name of a furthering the story, so please bear that in mind. Rule 0 is in effect. ;)
(as a sub-note to this, please continue, as you were in the other thread, to post your OOC notes at the bottom of the IC text - that is perfect!)

2. I like big, flashy stories, so do not hesitate to play your character to this. Generally, the crux of my worlds (in Oathbound especially) tend to be mightily effected by the actions of the characters - all of your decisions (for good or ill) will have ramifications that your characters will see in their lifetimes. :)

3. Because of the nature of PbPost games, I will have to institute a couple of guidelines (I hesitate to say rules, 'cause I am so anti-rule oriented). However, here they are:

• Your party will have a recognized party leader and second-in-command
  • I will require at least one post each weekday, unless there is a good reason for this not to happen
  • When you are presented with a combat scenario, the party has one day (real time) to discuss a plan; if a plan has not been decided at the end of that time, it is up to the party leader to state the action of the party
  • While the group is completely welcome to act as individuals in any scenario, any group action must be filtered up to the party leader, who then posts the collective actions of the party
  • If the party leader is not present, the second-in-command takes over in his absence
Please make sure you are ok (and if so, post as much below) with these guidelines before we begin. Also, I would like volunteers for party leader and second-in-command. :)

Last edited:

Sparky

Hey Ashy! Good luck with your campaign - Oathbound sounds really cool.

I'm popping in to collar Ferrix - he expressed an interested in a game I'm starting up and a spot has opened up for him. Good luck to you all and I'll be cheering from the sidelines!

Ferrix... OOC

Ferrix

Explorer
Will be getting Faustus up shortly :)

same creation guidelines correct? starting gold being lower than normal, 35pnt buy, etc.

Last edited:

Ashy

First Post
Ok - don't forget to answer the question above, as well as put in your vote for party leader and 2nd in command... :)

Ferrix

Explorer
Ashy said:
Ok - don't forget to answer the question above, as well as put in your vote for party leader and 2nd in command... :)

hehe

Faustus Ignazio for Party Leader
Why should you pick Faustus for party leader? Faustus is an active man, always out to make the story. His quick wit and lack of self-preservation make him an ideal candidate for dealing with those tough problems that come along, as well as providing a sharp repartee for each and every step. When it comes to dealing with others his charm and social graces are undeniable, if sometimes a bit eccentric.

Tristan Eransiel for 2nd
A good contrast to Faustus, Tristan is a decision maker but much more of a calm head. He gets things done.

deadestdai

First Post
**Baja is up in the Rogue's Gallery**

Me Baja fink that Baja best choice for leaderer of da team!

Me Baja also fink vat Baja should be seconded leaderer also!

Me Baja.... Uh... Me Baja am just hungry really.

Ashy

First Post
::chuckle:: Ok - I will be starting the game on Thursday with whatever characters are posted in the Rogue's Gallery. If others come in after, I should be able to work them in without too much trouble.

Oh, and I edited the first post a little to make the "one post a day" bit only apply during the weekdays - I don't believe in mussing up folks' weekends. ;) If you want to post on the weekends, you can of course - it just won't be a requirement.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads