• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Attention Iconic's !!!!!!!!( & friends)

Mialee

First Post
Typical Nebin style... dodging accusations by flinging mud. I'd be repulsed if you weren't so darn cute, like a little ewok.

Were any of you aware of these possible cuts while you were trying to fill spaces left by the departure of other iconics? I direct your attention to the open casting call for iconics thread?

congrats Nebin! Although I feel that I should warn you that celebrity marriges never last...(quietly whispers) get a prenup.

Arani Korden

First Post
Speaking for the Star Wars Iconics, we're with you. Especially considering the Gold Bikini Clause that just mysteriously appeared in my contract.

You'd think I would have become suspicious after the scene where Sia-Lan and I had to wrestle underwater with a "giant snake."

Last edited:

Ialdabode

First Post
Blast! Wouldn't you know those Hasbro executives have a mental hardness of 10 to the 47th power? If they lay off mainline iconics, it's only a matter of time until they replace me with, "Stick Figure A-7." Oh the horror!

Alhandra

First Post
Mialee said:
Typical Nebin style... dodging accusations by flinging mud. I'd be repulsed if you weren't so darn cute, like a little ewok.
Ewoks?!

Where?

I could have sworn my order exterminated their foul presence from our lands!
Well, i guess some evil never dies, eh?

Mialee - how long do you think your endorsement deals would last if you were cut from active duty?

Unless you're Michael Jordan, you have to constantly be in the limelight to command any coin in the promotions arena.

Myself, I've just been offered a special guest appearance on the recently-announcement Rosie O'Donnell primetime special.

Lots of surprise announcements and the like are bound to be on that show, I've been told... ;)

Alhandra

First Post
Ialdabode said:
If they lay off mainline iconics, it's only a matter of time until they replace me with, "Stick Figure A-7." Oh the horror!
And that would be worse replacement than sticking with your over-paid thought-invading self WHY...??

*just thought I'd beat Mialee to the punchline, is all, Ialdamabaldy* ;)

Mialee

First Post
Alhandra said:
Mialee - how long do you think your endorsement deals would last if you were cut from active duty?

Unless you're Michael Jordan, you have to constantly be in the limelight to command any coin in the promotions arena.

Well, I mean, it's a tricky business. Regdar wasn't the iconic fighter- that would be Tordek- see the PHB, fighter section. HOWEVER... Regdar was THE D&D3E iconic. His scowly face was all over the promotional material. Cardboard standups, magazine ads, and a personal appearance at GenCon.

It's hard to tell where we stand. As an iconic I feel fairly secure in my job- I feel if anyone's due for the axe, it would be the lower-level schmoes from the supplements. This Regdar thing really puts the greatsword in that concept, though. I'm unsure. If only I hadn't invested all of my signing bonus money in the Mariah Carey movie. Sigh...

I've got my bases covered. If Antony Valtorro tells me tomorrow (hee hee) that my position is no longer an asset to the company, I have several smaller d20 companies ready to take me in. Just this morning I got an email from James Bell promising my own parking space and a very flexible schedule.

Hopefully it won't come to that, though.

Psychotic Jim

First Post
Nebin said:
As you all know Regdar has been given his notice by wotc, don't be fredding about the big guy he'll be alright I arranged him to be the official spokesman for Myers Rum.

But I'm afraid with the down turn in Wotcs profits there might be other layoffs soon, so as your Union President of Iconic Local 236 I hereby call a general strike till we have guarantees that they will be temperary ones and we won't be down-sized permenately.

So on Monday I want all of you in front of the Renton office with pickets and hot coffee till we get them.
What ever happened to the plan to just get the Psionic iconics gutted you proposed a while ago? Seems to me somebody is trying to force some kind of confrontation between the Iconics and the good old WotC company... What are you up to, you malicious little gremlin? They should have listened when I said you never can trust a gnome...

Bagpuss

Legend
I don't know what all the fuss is about I was hired yesterday, of course I'm not in the Union so don't work for standard rate. Bowl of milk with the cream suits me fine.

"Meow"

bagpuss.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads