[AU] Butterfly Cage

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Conner smiled at Galen and nodded to him as he approached. Conner waited for Galens's response to Javdak, then added, "Galen is a good companion I met on the way to this fair town, Javdak. I wanted to include him in our exploration group but I couldn't find him this morning when a searched. Okay, it wasn't to much of a search . . . there are issues when searching with a number of people following you . . before you know it the searchers themselves get lost . . . but that's not too important right now. What is important is to let you know that I follow the path of the staff, though truly I'm interested in all kinds of magic - even runes, the green and more."

Connor looked around at his new companions - people that would be protecting him and working with him on this journey and he was at a loss of words for a few moments. A diverse group of individuals had gathered and were setting out in great exploration - also as though someone on high was guiding them. Conner got a far away look in his eyes and his mouth opened slightly as he experienced an epiphany of sorts - realizing another god, this one gathered those necessary to set out on quests. A moment or two more and Conner would know her name. . .

WizWrm

First Post
Keia said:
Connor looked around at his new companions - people that would be protecting him and working with him on this journey and he was at a loss of words for a few moments. A diverse group of individuals had gathered and were setting out in great exploration - also as though someone on high was guiding them. Conner got a far away look in his eyes and his mouth opened slightly as he experienced an epiphany of sorts - realizing another god, this one gathered those necessary to set out on quests. A moment or two more and Conner would know her name. . .

Sanje looks at Connor, a look of concern on his face.

"Sirran, your countenance would seem to indicate that you are severely addled, by thirst perhaps, or have been struck dumb by powerful magic. I hope this is not so - it would not do for our seeking-leader to be disturbed such, and I am concerned for your unity of mind in the face of such hardship."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
WizWrm said:

"Sirran, your countenance would seem to indicate that you are severely addled, by thirst perhaps, or have been struck dumb by powerful magic. I hope this is not so - it would not do for our seeking-leader to be disturbed such, and I am concerned for your unity of mind in the face of such hardship."
*Javdak turns to look at you, his smile getting wider all the time.*

"It would seem you've not spent too much time around faen, Sanje. A lot of them are like that. Don't worry, I've spoken to Connor before and his knowledge of magic is quite sound," he says, then regards Connor. "I'm even more pleased to hear that Galen is known to you Connor, it makes things better. Now, I can offer the magic seekers the same payment as I'm offering Galen. I have an extensive library, and I am a professor of many kinds of magic. I can offer the magic seekers one book of their choice, as well as the chance to ask me questions and learn from me if they so desire.

"For those of you with little interest in books, I can offer you what I'm offering Sanje; 40 Queens a week plus a share of what items are found in the peaks. Everyone else would get a share as well, of course."

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
WizWrm said:

"Sirran, . . . for your unity of mind in the face of such hardship."

Connor shakes himself briefly as he emerged from his experience. Wow, Sil'goyar, goddess that gathers the right people for quests. I can't wait to tell the others what I just realized . . . nah, I better not, don't want to upstage Javdak on this day, Connor thought.

"I'm still here, I was just thinking about how everyone got gathered up to head out on this expedition for Javdak and everything that needed planned and sort of got caught up in my own thoughts. I didn't miss anything did I?" Connor asked, mostly to himself.

Rybaer

First Post
The group seems to be quite the unusual assortment, but none immediately raise his hackles.

Grathis looks Javdak in the eye. "Those terms sound acceptable to me. I will sign on with the group."

ES2

First Post
Scinathar looks at Mochor, nods, then back at Javdak. "We," points at Mochor and himself, "agree to these terms."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Excellent, we're all agreed," Javdak says, and produces a piece of paper. "I shall simply write out the terms and have you sign it, and you can be on your way." Javdak writes quickly, but he has an excellent hand. It summarizes that he's paying you in either gold or books and instruction for searching the peaks and bringing backs items of magic, the value of which you will all get a share. However, the items will ultimately belong to Javdak.

"If any of you need supplies, I can give you a half-week's pay in advance. I'd like you to start today, if at all possible. I'd also like either someone to either speak to me every other day, or send a bonded message to that effect. I would just like some updates on your progress," he says in a business-like tone.

Last edited:

ES2

First Post
Seeing everybody else pause for a moment, Scinathar reaches for the pen first and signs his name on the contract, then motions for Mochor to do the same. After committing himself to this, he back up so others have room to sign, and looks around the room for a barmaid. Upon seeing one, he pulls out 5 Queens, taps one on the shoulder, and says, "A drink Sirrat, wine," and hands her the 5 coins. This will be interesting. A sebeccai trying to be a warrior, at least he doesn't have his nose up some overbearing giant's butt; a talkative faen that just keeps going and going and going; a human that wants to become more than he will be; a verrik; my trusted companion and myself. This will be most interesting, let's just hope they do their part, Scinathar thinks to himself as he watches the others and the barmaid, not showing any signs that he may be thinking these about the others.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Connor stepped up to the table and read through the handwritten contract in detail. He took his time to grasp all of the nuances and asked, "So, what's the term of this contract? I mean, I like you, Javdak, and I'm pleased that it's not you're back that's troubling you, but I'm not going spend the rest of my days working for you. And likewise, you may not want to be burdened with us if you're not satisfied. I propose a term of two weeks, at which point everyone should be able to fully assess the situation. What do you think, Javdak?"

If Javdak agreed, Connor will let him make the necessary adjustment, then sign his name to it.

The faen was much more business-like and direct, when the subject of a contract was brought up, but his fly by the seat of his pants nature was beginning to reassert itself quickly. 'I think that if Sil'goyar was gathering us up for this expedition that everything must be okay, but maybe we were gathered for something else entirely and I'd hate to be burdened with a contract if we're supposed to be doing something else,' Connor thought.

"So, is anyone else in favor of a brotherhood ceremony before we set out today?" Connor asked his new companions.

Remove ads