• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Lost Dreams [Closing Down]

Erekose13

Explorer
I have decided that I don't like the way that AU handles item IDing. It takes too long. So to that end I am modifying things a bit:
Analyze - it is now a complex spell
Object Loresight - Heightened: casting time is 1 hour, reveals all ten pieces of information at once.
Invested Rune of Knowledge - as the new heightened object loresight.
So for now you can choose to hire Paerwyn's services or give Aadin time on his own. It is still a little difficult for this group to use cause there are no full time casters and Aadin can't invest runes until next level. But it does make her services cheaper.

On another note. Ion you still around? sorry for the absence, but we are in full swing again now.

Raikes

First Post
I just wanted to apologize for the long absence. The long pauses made it difficult for me to keep up when the game started up again. It isn't normal of me to let a group down, as I am normally an every-day poster.

I see that the pace has picked up again, but my character has been replaced. My loss.

Anyway, have fun, Ferrix.

DrSpunj

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
I have decided that I don't like the way that AU handles item IDing. It takes too long. So to that end I am modifying things a bit:
Analyze - it is now a complex spell
Object Loresight - Heightened: casting time is 1 hour, reveals all ten pieces of information at once.
Invested Rune of Knowledge - as the new heightened object loresight.

Slick! I haven't been able to see Object Loresight in action until this game. When I first read it I wondered if it was going to be a bit painful to use or whether I was just missing something. I have to admit, it seemed overly painful to me as Aadin kept at it and you kept dribbling out little pieces of information! :p

I like your changes, Erekose. At first I thought you didn't need to change both Analyze and Object Loresight, but then I realized the former just IDs the magical bits, while the latter can give you quite a bit more insight into your opponents (or at least, has the potential to), so both remain useful even if both are Complex Spells. Nice job!

BTW, because of a Classless Generation System I'm working on over in the House Rules thread I ended up using that Alternate Mechanic link you provided for stacking various magic class levels. I used that to create the worksheet I've included below. While the labels are a bit off (since I'm using it for something a bit different) the Basic Magic tables are identical to the tables used by Mage Blades, Runethanes & Witches, while the Advanced Magic tables are identical to those of the Magister. The Bonus Spell table is the same, of course.

I didn't realize until just this week that the Magister and Greenbond use slightly different tables. I thought they were the same. Regardless, this worksheet doesn't accomodate Greenbonds because of those minor differences. It'd be pretty trivial to add, and I'd be willing to do so if there's a real call for it. Anyway, since you had offered it to be used here I thought I'd give you a copy in case you or anyone playing here was interested. I sent an email to the author listed in the document, but I haven't received anything back from him (though it didn't bounce either).

EDIT: Since I didn't think it would take all that long, I modified my sheet and made it totally AU-By-The-Book Compatible, so it should be a lot more user-friendly for this AU game or any other now. I've taken down the other one and replaced it with the new version. Enjoy! (And please let me know if you find any errors! Thanks!)

Thanks.

DrSpunj

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Yeah the way Object Loresight is written, it is really useful in between adventures. Gives a DM a nice way to give players more adventure hooks. But during adventures, especially low level ones with lots of one use items. It really bogs down the game I think. I mean those potions each take Aadin a day and a half to find all about, but they are just your normal average potions. So I want to encourage you to use up the one use stuff to try it out, but I cant do that if you dont really know what they do. It is still a nice spell to have in order to find out clues especially on more permanent items (like the ring and the axe).

Your sheet is very useful thanks. In .doc format the original was not as quick and easy to use as yours is. Hopefully I can convince someone to give it a shot. if you use it in another campaign let me know how it goes.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ak, Erekose how much money has Kelsis earned from Master Mollen?

If I have calculated correctly, we have 1,354 gold pieces from the rhodin and the sale of the equipment (not counting the 20pp that I payed for identification of the magic items). Now, if we're only dividing them amongst three people (with Ion's character Tash having not helped us and Gren leaving), then everyone gets 451gp, with 1gp left over. Do I have that right Erekose? I want to make sure of my wealth before I go buying stuff.

Erekose13

Explorer
Sounds right. So far Mollen has everyone down for 7 days travel and guard. He will pay hazard pay latter as well as the completion bonus. He will keep track of it and only dole out what you need if you ask for it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads