• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU] Lost Dreams: The Stone Troll

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Kelsis the Bright-Eyed, female sibeccai akashic

"I've studied a bit of everything Aadin. Enough to educate myself on magical phenomena so I know what I'm up against. I hate to be surprised. I've studied with witches before, and a runethane once. I consider myself a student of many things," Kelsis says regarding Aadin intently, as if weighing him.

GladiusNP

First Post
"Interesting - though I'm sure we could continue this line of discussion well into the evening, allow me to first introduce my companions - this is Lemm, Frez, and Kalythar."

Aadin gestures to the other three at the table. He returns Kelsis' gaze with a slight half-smile, an attempt to reassure her scrutinizing eye.

"Now - you mentioned study with a runethane, would it be too forward to ask for their name?"

DrSpunj

Explorer
Kalythar, Litorian Mageblade

Kalythar also smiles at her, baring his sharp teeth, when Aadin introduces him. I like her up-front manner! Reminds me of some of the elders in my tribe. Before answering her questions, though, it should be interesting to see how the others respond to her attitude and her questions.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter

"Tesserak Kwel was his name, an old human who could write and read over a dozen languages. He knew a great deal about the magic of writing, had a passion for it that surpassed some people's zest for living," Kelsis says in fond remembrance.

Tesserak was happy to share his memories with me. He helped with my purpose, and showed me so many things, more than I thought possible. He is a good man...

Erekose13

Explorer
The Night at the Waypoint

After you have made your introductions, you retire for the night taking advantage of the nice accomadations before the long road ahead of you. The night passes quietly and little more is heard from within the compound. Early next morning Master Mollen gets everyone up and moving, ready for the trek to Brightholme.

The road this close to Ao Manasa is still well patrolled and you see a few riders bearing the closed fist tabard that you say back at the checkpoint. Even a couple of small wagons pass you by heading to the city. They bring little news of the road ahead as they are travelling out of the small Faen village.

Late in the afternoon just before your caravan arrives in Brightholme, Master Mollen explains that the caravan will rest at his friends estate and that you have free range of the small village. He encourages you to enjoy the sites, in particular the market has many attractions. He requests that one of you stay on duty, guarding the caravan wagons throughout the night and the next day. Making arrangements for the watches you arrive in the small village of Brightholme just after dusk.

Trees grow freely in the town, often buildings are built incorporating the trees into their architecture. You can still see quite a few faen wandering the streets, many going to or from a boisterous party that issues out into the street. You pass through the town square and you can tell that during the daytime the square contains many covered stalls. With their daily market closed up for the night you spot a couple of taverns arround the square. Mollen leads the caravan through the square to a compound on the other side. There he introduces you all to his friend, Burgen Goldbooks, a member of the merchants council in town.

Is there anything in particular you would like to accomplish over the next day while Master Mollen completes his business here. You have a full day and two nights until you depart for the site of the gold rush.

DrSpunj

Explorer
Kalythar, Litorian Mageblade

Erekose13 said:
Is there anything in particular you would like to accomplish over the next day while Master Mollen completes his business here. You have a full day and two nights until you depart for the site of the gold rush.

Other than taking my fair share of watch duty, I'll see if anyone is interested in checking out the town and/or working on battle tactics. Always good to know what your allies are good at and capable of in the thick of battle.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Kelsis the Bright-Eyed, Female Sibeccai Akashic

*Kelsis is willing to discuss tactics and whatnot with others, as well as questioning (some would say grilling) them on their past experiences, probing for unusual occurances.*

"What happened next? What did you do? Why did you do it? And then? And who was with you? What did it look like? How did it sound? Act? Smell?" are examples of what she'll ask if anyone volunteers any information.''

*Essentially she's just trying to continually add to her knowledge of everything.*

*For combat and discussions of weapons, Kelsis will demonstrate an aptitude for many kinds of weapons, particularly favoring her polearm. She's capable with bow and sling, and carries and handaxe and dagger for close combat. In addition, it's quite obvious her teeth are sharp enough so that she's never unarmed.*

*She might let drop she knows how to handle a "balky" lock, as well as having some knowledge of magic and other things along that line.*

Erekose13

Explorer
Brightholme

After the days travels you all are glad to head to the tavern before needing to retire to Mr. Goldbooks. The nearest one you can find is the Kipper Kelpie, a small festive bar with mostly tiny little stools for the faen who live in the town. There are a couple of tables in the back for the big folk. The bar is decorated with many underwater themes, including the large fishtank behind the bar. Many bright coloured fish swim in the large tank, its a wonder that the glass can hold that much water. The fare is light and mostly consists of a strange mixture of imported seaweed and seafood from the coast. The beer however is quite tasty if a bit light.

With little to do besides enjoy the bar you all retire early. The night passes quietly in the little village, the moon is wanning in the clear sky. You enjoy the comforts of Master Mollen's associate's nice villa, its warm blankets and comfy beds a welcome comfort before the trek into the wilderness. When you wake next day you all notice that the weather has gotten quite cold. Seems like an early winter is on its way this year. Bundling up you head into town, though few people are out this early especially with the change in weather.

As the sun begins to warm the glade, some people start to make an appearance. The talk of the town is mostly on the weather and how cold it has gotten. It is a nice crisp clear day however, the deep blue sky bright overhead. Seeing to the guard duties, one member of the group is always within Mr. Goldbooks compound. The others however wander the small village.

There are a few shops that open later as people begin their dayly routines a bit later than usual. Mr. Goldbooks runs a general store that provides some food supplies from the city as well as other things that a small community like this might need. There are also numerous craftsmen that have small displays in their windows. You see shops selling small wooden carvings of forest animals, crystals tied in intricately woven knots to be worn around the neck or hung in a window, and one selling jewelry made from an assortment of metals, gem stones and crystals. There might be a few things you can pick up on your salary, but mostly you just wander the town looking.

Later in the afternoon, a bard decides to pull out his lute and begins plucking away at a happy tune. He stands in front of an open air restaurant singing infront of a few people sitting at the tables outside. With the wind blocked by the trees and the sun shining high in the sky now, things are a little warmer and people are getting more friendly. The musician sings a song about a faen hero who trudged through miles of heavy snow in the dead of winter to rescue his family who had been captured by evil hags. Battling through armies of rhodin and trolls he managed to save them in an evil tower built of solid crystaline ice. As he finishes many of those gathered clap and a few toss coins.

Seeing those of you who are gathered around, he joins you after the performance and introduces himself, "Good day, fair travellers. I am Fazioul Silvereyes, collector of tales, bard of the Glimmerwood. How came you to our small village?". He is a short loresong faen with long pale hair and indeed he does have silver eyes. He is dressed in a nice blue jacket with lace droping from the sleeves and neck.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter

"We came for a job, good minstral. That was a rather interesting song you sang. Is there a kernal of truth in it, or is it simply a good story?" Kelsis says with some interest.

GladiusNP

First Post
Aadin looks slightly hungrily towards the restaurant. He then leans onto his spear, and looks towards Isida and Fazioul, listening somewhat absently to their conversation. As they continue, he withdraws his pipe from his beltpouch, and begins to pack it with tobacco, listening all the while.

Remove ads