Awakening of the Nymerians. - The preparation

DrZombie

First Post
Ameuhir, The Young Bull.
The Protector, The Fierce.
LN(LG) God of War

Ameuhir is the eldest son of Farantir, Leader Of The Herd, the creator-god of the Tors, and Aelanna, The Caregiver, His Wife. Unlike Farantir, who is foremost a protector-God, Ameuhir is a more agressive, proactive god, who protects by attacking threats before they grow bigger. While He values Tor life as much as his Mother, He realises sacrifices must be made for the greater good, hence his more neutral aspect.

Legends say that, when the earth was still young, Ameuhir walked amongst all the races of the world, learning as he travelled. Whilst travelling amongst the flat-faces he heard a fierce noise, screaming, shouting, moaning, and the clash of steel against steel. Cresting the hill he looked upon a battlefield, and saw what the flat-faces were capable of doing to one-another. Realising that their fierceness and battle-prowess could be turned against his people, Ameuhir strove to learn all he could of this terrible art, so he could in turn teach his people how to prepare for the battles that surely would come.

Priest of Ameuhir wander the world for their first few years, travelling the world, learning from the other races the art of war, training and fighting alongside the "good" races. When they grow weary of war they return to their own race, to learn new young Tors the ways of battle, so that the Tors will be prepared for what comes.

Followers : Fighters, young male tors.
Symbol : A charging Bull.
Weapon : Greataxe.
Domains : War, Strength, Travel.

Is this kinda appropriate for your setting? As you've guessed, I'd like to play a priest-warrior, neatly circumventing my aversion for healers and still be able to cast healign spells when the party is in trouble.

Rayex

First Post
DrZombie said:
Ameuhir, The Young Bull.
The Protector, The Fierce.
LN(LG) God of War

Ameuhir is the eldest son of Farantir, Leader Of The Herd, the creator-god of the Tors, and Aelanna, The Caregiver, His Wife. Unlike Farantir, who is foremost a protector-God, Ameuhir is a more agressive, proactive god, who protects by attacking threats before they grow bigger. While He values Tor life as much as his Mother, He realises sacrifices must be made for the greater good, hence his more neutral aspect.

Legends say that, when the earth was still young, Ameuhir walked amongst all the races of the world, learning as he travelled. Whilst travelling amongst the flat-faces he heard a fierce noise, screaming, shouting, moaning, and the clash of steel against steel. Cresting the hill he looked upon a battlefield, and saw what the flat-faces were capable of doing to one-another. Realising that their fierceness and battle-prowess could be turned against his people, Ameuhir strove to learn all he could of this terrible art, so he could in turn teach his people how to prepare for the battles that surely would come.

Priest of Ameuhir wander the world for their first few years, travelling the world, learning from the other races the art of war, training and fighting alongside the "good" races. When they grow weary of war they return to their own race, to learn new young Tors the ways of battle, so that the Tors will be prepared for what comes.

Followers : Fighters, young male tors.
Symbol : A charging Bull.
Weapon : Greataxe.
Domains : War, Strength, Travel.

Is this kinda appropriate for your setting? As you've guessed, I'd like to play a priest-warrior, neatly circumventing my aversion for healers and still be able to cast healign spells when the party is in trouble.

I like what you come up with here, the only problem being that there is only seven gods in Nymeria. The Tors, however, do not worship any gods, they worship the earth and nature, and get their divine powers from there (Not really, but thats what the Tors believe).

Rayex

First Post
I think cleric would suit better.
The domains generally chosen by Tors are Earth, Protection and Strength.
Although not as common, some also chose the Animal, Good, Healing, Knowledge and Travel domain.

Also a feat that would suit you is The Follower of the Totem feat.

The Follower of the Totem (general):
You have been trained in the shamanic traditions of the tors and can tap into the forces of nature.
Prerequisites: Wis13
Benefit: Once per day as a free action, you may gain a +2 sacred benefit to any ability. This bonus lasts for 1d6+1 rounds.

This feat is also a prerequisite for the "special" tors-only Prestige class Spirit Walker.

Rayex

First Post
ferretguy:
You dont need to use that online die roller, but if you want to its fine. You have to fill in ALL brackets though, even if it says that Note is optional, it is not. Thats usually why people dont get it to work.

Rayex

First Post
DrZombie said:
The bare minimum is posted, will update asap.

Looks good.
One thing conserning his background/history/whatever, there are not that many practicioners of magic in this world. magic, be it divine or arcane, is something quite rare. The tors however are probably the race where divine magic is most common. There are somewhere between ten and fifteen tribes of Tors roaming the plains. Each tribe have one "shaman" and one "shaman apprentice". I guess it would suit you to be an apprentice.

Remove ads