Awakening of the Nymerians. - The preparation

Rayex

First Post
Hey people.
Sorry for the lack of updates the last week, but I've had some rather rough days now, and on top of that I seem to have managed to delete the subscription on the IC thread. I will post today and It'll be a rather long post I hope, giving you information of Nymeria in general.
Again, sorry for the lack of updates.

Rayex

First Post
DrZombie said:
Well, basically, since I'm gonna be playing a native Nymerian, make a syuggestion, I'd like to give a homebrew race a shot.

Ok.
So far you've met the Thals. They're pretty much ordinary elves with some neat abilities. Then you got the Dryyds, the half elf/half elk creatures. They're medium fey with some pretty nifty abilities. You'd need to take 3 levels of Dryyd before going on a class if you want to play them the SS way.
Then you have the Tors, a bull/minotaur like race. They live on the plains, are shamans and hunters etc, and are quite "butch". You also got trolls. Not d&d trolls, but rather agile and strong island dwellers. There are some other races as well but these are the most suitable for playing so far.

Rayex

First Post
DrZombie said:
I'll go for the bulls then, if you don't mind.

Tors Characters
• +4 Strength, -2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution.
• Medium size.
• Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
• A tors' base land speed is 30 feet.
• Plains Running: Tors are bipedal creatures, but they can move at tremendous speed. When using the run action, the tors' base speed increases by +10 feet.
• Tors Charge: On a charge, a tors may lower his head to spear a target with his mighty horns. in addition to the normal benefits and hazards of a charge, this ability allows the tors to make a single gore attack that deals 1d8 plus 1 1/2 times his strength modifier. A tors may also use a ready action to set his horns against a charge, or use them as an attack on charge during plains running.
• Powerful Build: The physical stature of Tors lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger. Whenever a tors is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the tors is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A tors is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature's special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A tors can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject's size category.
• Weapon Proficiency: Tors are automatically proficient with longspears and shortspears, and recieve a +1 to attack rolls with them.
• +2 racial bonus on Handle Animal and Survival checks. These skills are also considered class skills for all tors characters.
• Automatic Languages: Common, Tors-ane.
• Bonus Languages: Low Common.
• Favored Class: Fighter.
• Level Adjustment: +1.

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
These tors look like mediumsized minotaurs, right? Any remarks about culture etc, or can I fill in the blanks? Btw, I'm going for a cleric, i think. Any thoughts on gods, or can I make it up as I go along?

I allways try and get the background kinda sorted, then do the numbercrunching..

DrZombie

First Post
But then again, after having read the last few updates, now's the time to kick ar.. eeeeuhm, prod buttock. I'll try to get the numbers done asap.

One question, well , several. Are we gonna dungeoncrawl a lot or is there a lot of travel involved? In other words, is it worth my time and feats to make a horseback-fighter or should I concentrate on getting ugly in hand-to hand.

Second : If it's worth going for a rider, what kind of steed would I have? Right now, I'm picturing the tors as a sort of advanced nomadic tribe, herding huge herds of cattle across the plains, protecting them from predators. Trouble is, at the moment I'm picturing them riding warbulls or bizons or such. Wich adds a certain coolness, and a lot of complications.

Third. I need a little help here, 'cause I keep forgetting : since Bulls are ECL +1 I can take 3 class levels, but I have a 4 th level character and so I have the 4th lvl ability increase and the third lvl feat. I think I get the first lvl feat as well, but I'm not really sure for one reason or another, can't think of why.

Rayex

First Post
DrZombie said:
But then again, after having read the last few updates, now's the time to kick ar.. eeeeuhm, prod buttock. I'll try to get the numbers done asap.

One question, well , several. Are we gonna dungeoncrawl a lot or is there a lot of travel involved? In other words, is it worth my time and feats to make a horseback-fighter or should I concentrate on getting ugly in hand-to hand.

Second : If it's worth going for a rider, what kind of steed would I have? Right now, I'm picturing the tors as a sort of advanced nomadic tribe, herding huge herds of cattle across the plains, protecting them from predators. Trouble is, at the moment I'm picturing them riding warbulls or bizons or such. Wich adds a certain coolness, and a lot of complications.

Third. I need a little help here, 'cause I keep forgetting : since Bulls are ECL +1 I can take 3 class levels, but I have a 4 th level character and so I have the 4th lvl ability increase and the third lvl feat. I think I get the first lvl feat as well, but I'm not really sure for one reason or another, can't think of why.

1: There will be dungeons but not many I think. I'm not a big fan of dungeon crawling. Expect more outdoors adventures.
2: Tors do not ride. When traveling long distances etc they use Plains Running, where they drop to all four. Also they do not keep animals like cattle. I will come back to this later.
3: You are a 3rd level character in all aspects, except when it comes to exp and treasure. So you'll get feats as a 3rd level character and ability increase come when you reach lvl 4. You currently have 6000 XP, and you need 10000 XP to get to lvl 4. I'm not really good at explaining things like this :p

Culture etc: Tors believe in the earth and the nature. They travel across the plains following their tribes shaman. Tors do not like to battle or wage war, but if pressed they are ferocious in battle. Their primary goal is to protect the plains, which they believe is the resting grounds for Father of Earth, from hostile creatures.
Appearance: Tors are big creatures, average height is 7 feet, and they typically weigh 350 pounds. They seldom wear clothing except loinclothes, decorative capes etc. They are covered with thick fur wich can range in color from whites and greys to browns and blacks. They have a pair of big horns on their heads, usually somewhere between 1 and 2 feet long. (Think long and slender horns like bulls have.)

Fill in the blanks as they suit you.

Remove ads