B6: The Veiled Society - IC

kinem

Adventurer
OOC: If it's in reaction to what the watchman said, Rezak might be able to slip away, but doing so would land the rest of the party in hot water.

Honestly, the module is over at this point. All that remains is a final wrap up.

jkason

First Post
Barek Fhald, half-orc bard

Barek nods. "Much as I fear what 'deserves' means in a politically volatile city such as this one, we're yours, officer. Let's see if we can't find some justice yet."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OCC: Really?! I think a wrap up would be good. I'm lost.

Rezak starts for the shadows and then thinks better of it. He sighs as he follows the group and the guard.

"Always a get'n me's in trouble, Barek."
he mumbles.

jkason

First Post

OCC: Really?! I think a wrap up would be good. I'm lost.

OOC: Well, Lucia's murder was the reason we were still stuck in town, since the local politics made it likely we'd be blamed if we didn't find the killer. If we've actually got the right man, then I think that's us with the gates finally open to us. :)

"Always a get'n me's in trouble, Barek."
he mumbles.

Barek smirks as he returns softly: "Rezak, you always give the best compliments."

ghostcat

First Post
As usual Caridoc lets Barek do the talking. Doing or saying nothing to bring attention to him, he never-the-less keeps a sharp eye out for anything untoward.

kinem

Adventurer
Though it's a long trip through the narrow, dirty streets, the watchmen know the shortest route and crowds quickly part as they approach.

The keep is a large, stone edifice that forms a section of the city wall.

The party is kept waiting - under guard - in a room with benches while Cartha is taken away for questioning. This seems to take a long time.

Finally, you are summoned to a more elegant room with tapestries, depicting battles, on the walls. In many of the scenes, armies of orcs and goblins are defeated by humans in shining armor along with elves. Some of the elves are shooting lightning from their fingertips.

Sergeant Claudius, a bury fellow, is the man who explains things to you.

"Good evening! Sorry to keep you waiting, but we had to check out your story. Estaish has confirmed that you rescued him. He's resting now, and I don't blame him. He also confirmed that Lady Lucia Vorloi's murder was a Veiled Society hit, and that you are innocent of it.

Cartha Radu, the man you brought in, was apparently the man who ordered the hit. He is also guilty of numerous other crimes, not least of all treason against the Duke. He will be given a trial, and then no doubt he will be executed.

We have sent a large force to raid the Veiled Society hideout, but honestly, I doubt there will be anyone there by the time they reach it.

We will keep an eye out for Anton Radu and the others we know of, such as Akarios the red haired shipwright, and will arrest them if we can.

By the way, I understand that your friend Kynar will be freed tomorrow due to lack of evidence.

You have my thanks, and the Duke may choose to reward you. I've seen rewards of up to three hundred gold apiece for things that earn the Duke's favor. Further, if you need employment, my force could use the likes of you.

However, I must warn you that members of the Veiled Society may yet seek revenge for the capture of Cartha. It may be in your best interest to leave town, which you are of course free to do now.

Any questions?"

jkason

First Post

Barek shakes his head.

"It's good to hear Kynar will be freed," he says. "And just in time for us to all be on our way. I think you're right, we managed to make a few too many enemies in your fair town in our short stay here. I think it best we seek our futures elsewhere. Preferably somewhere that we can have our weapons free."

kinem

Adventurer
"You're welcome. I understand. I know that the bad guys don't always play by the rules, but believe me, the restriction on weapons is a big help to our efforts to patrol the city."

OOC: You can still ask more questions which I'll provide his answers for but I'll move on now & wrap it up.

The next morning, Kynar arrives at the inn where the party is eating a hearty breakfast. He is accompanied by another elf - Estaish. He looks much better than when you last saw him.

After the greetings and good-mornings, and Kynar's complaints about being left out of the action, Estaish explains

"Thanks again for rescuing me. The same guys who might want revenge on you would want the same on me, so I figured I might as well accompany you. I'm a fair hand with both sword and spell, so perhaps I might even return the favor some day.

Oh, by the way. Compliments of the Duke."

He tosses each of you a small pouch. Inside are 30 platinum pieces.

"So where are you thinking of heading? Listen, I don't know if you like gold, but if you do, there's a place I've long wanted to check out. I found a map years ago that I think leads to the place where Erin Emeraldleaf buried her loot. It should be easy to check out, but I never wanted to go alone - and never felt I had the right group to trust with the information. Until, somehow, now. It should be safe enough, though it is deep in the Goblin Hills, in a place called Haunted Hollow ..."

HERE ENDS B6: THE VEILED SOCIETY

OOC: Thanks for a fun game to each of you.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases