B6: The Veiled Society - IC

kinem

Adventurer
ooc: How high is the wall? Also, please indicate where it would be on the map.

Note that the kobolds are on a 20' high roof.

At 3rd level you can create up to 7 10' cubes worth of silent image. You can place the cubes as you like, but can't just create a long, thin shape of equivalent volume. For example, you could create a 20' high and 30' long wall. Of course, the illusory wall need not rest on the ground.

Re: the rag, is there anything that you will try to do to prevent Cartha from spitting it out? Also, I think it would be a full round action for next round for Barek.

Then, I take it that you plan to head out into the alley and make tracks. That's certainly an option, though the kobolds would no doubt have the opportunity to get a few more shots in.

SI is a great spell BTW :)

jkason

First Post
ooc:
How high is the wall? Also, please indicate where it would be on the map.

Note that the kobolds are on a 20' high roof.

I was thinking of the opposite dimensions, myself, making it 30' tall to make sure the kobolds couldn't see over it from their vantage point. Something like this:

[sblock=map]
Code:
XXXXXdXXXXXXXX
d.....E.c....$
X.....&.BHR..X
XXXXXXX..XXXXX
      X..X
      X..X
      X..X
      X..X
XXXdXXX..XXXXd
......WWWW....
XXXXXkkkkkkXXX

$ = secret door, where you came out from; closed
d = closed door

c = Caridoc
E = Celythia
B = Barek
R = Rezak

& = Cartha (tied up)

H = half-giant guard w/greatsword (unconscious)

k = kobold on roof (20' high)

w = illusory wall (30' high)
[/sblock]

Re: the rag, is there anything that you will try to do to prevent Cartha from spitting it out? Also, I think it would be a full round action for next round for Barek.

Well, I was sort of hoping, since he's burned his ability to move this round, anyway, that the others would take the hint and help gag / secure the gag on Cartha so we could all move together. :)

Then, I take it that you plan to head out into the alley and make tracks. That's certainly an option, though the kobolds would no doubt have the opportunity to get a few more shots in.

Not sure about the others, but my / Barek's plan was to move out that way, yes, and if I read the spell correctly, he can move / reshape the wall to follow them / cover them, though it's hardly guaranteed that the kobolds won't interact / save against it before we're clear. There are other doors, though, so the rest of the party may want to try those while we have our path obscured. Figured folks would input as they saw fit. :)

SI is a great spell BTW :)

Honestly, I only just started realizing how useful it could be, which was why I had Barek give it a shot this round. :)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Dere locked eh?" Rezak says coming back to the group. "Well not fir long."

He produces his picks and starts to work on the nearest door.

ghostcat

First Post
As the others seem to be busy, Caridoc allocates himself the task of gagging Cartha. Not having any cloth himself, he uses his starknife to cut a couple of strip off Cartha's cloak (or shirt). One is rolled into a ball and forced into his mouth, while the other is wrapped several times round his head and tied at the back. Caridoc is not sure how effective this will be as he is not an expert on securing prisoners. He makes a mental note to have Rezak check it when they have more time.

kinem

Adventurer
Rezak picks the lock and swings open the door.

Inside is an apartment. A skylight provides some illumination. No one appears to be inside. There is a long bed, a closet, a chamber pot, a chest, an unlit lamp, a stove, and a crate with produce in it.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"After'n yuse." the rogue says doffing a make believe cap.

OCC: Saw your interest in Skull & Shackles kinem - got you a spot reserved.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Barek Fhald, half-orc bard

"Well, I suppose I'm the one who can see in the dark, so I can go first," Barek says. "Just close the door behind us. I'd rather not give those kobolds a flashing arrow to follow us when I let that wall disappear."

He draws his dagger to enters the apartment, maintaining his concentration on the illusion to cover their exit until everyone is inside and the door closed.

ghostcat

First Post
Caridoc waits until the others have gone through the doorway before entering himself and closing it behind him.

[sblock=OOC]Whose got Cartha? Caridoc is too short to carry him.[/sblock]

Remove ads