B6: The Veiled Society - IC

kinem

Adventurer
Luck is finally with the wounded Rezak as his morningstar clips the giant guard, and knocks him out, bleeding.

ooc: Will anyone attempt to stabilize the big man?

jkason

First Post
Barek Fhald, half-orc bard

"Thank goodness," Barek sighs as the guard falls. He sheathes his dagger and bends down to the bound Cartha.

"Now re-bind that thing or drop it before the guard get here," the half-orc says to Rezak with a grunt as he hoists their prisoner back into place on his shoulder. "And just in case, Caridoc, maybe you could make sure the bruiser doesn't meet the gods today? I suspect assault with a forbidden weapon carries a far smaller punishment than murder with one. I'd use the wand to do it, but with our luck he'd wake right back up and finish Rezak off."

ghostcat

First Post
Cursing himself for having wasted a spell, Caridoc cancels the Ghost Sounds and starts to stabilises the giant. Meanwhile he addresses the others, "Barek, can you keep an eye on Cartha. I have a feeling he is trying to escape. Rezak, if you move down the alley a about 10 yards, I will try to heal you. I don't want the magic to effect these enemy."

[sblock=Action]Take 10 on Heal (+9) for 19.[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
As Celythia scans the building across the street, which is about 20' high, she notices some odd shapes on the roof.

The shapes shift as six small lizard-men throw off blankets and aim crossbows at the elf!

Because she noticed them in time, she can react before they act.

[sblock=map]
Code:
XXXXXdXXXXXXXX
d.......c....$
X.....&.BHR..X
XXXXXXX..XXXXX
      X..X
      X..X
      X..X
      X..X
XXXdXXXE.XXXXd
XXXXXkkkkkkXXX

$ = secret door, where you came out from; closed
d = closed door

c = Caridoc
E = Celythia
B = Barek
R = Rezak

& = Cartha (tied up)

H = half-giant guard w/greatsword (unconscious)

k = kobold on roof (20' high)
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Celythia backs quickly down the alley, using whatever is available to seek cover from the crossbows. As she moves back closer to her companions, she calls out a warning. "Archers on the roof across the way..."

OOC: Double move, 35' north, 5' west

kinem

Adventurer
A few of the kobolds let loose at Barek, and scratch him with their bolts.

ooc: total of 8 damage; PCs to act

[sblock=map]
Code:
XXXXXdXXXXXXXX
d.....E.c....$
X.....&.BHR..X
XXXXXXX..XXXXX
      X..X
      X..X
      X..X
      X..X
XXXdXXX..XXXXd
XXXXXkkkkkkXXX

$ = secret door, where you came out from; closed
d = closed door

c = Caridoc
E = Celythia
B = Barek
R = Rezak

& = Cartha (tied up)

H = half-giant guard w/greatsword (unconscious)

k = kobold on roof (20' high)
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Barek Fhald, half-orc bard

Barek swears as the bolts draw blood. Then he pulls a bit of fleece from his spell pouch.

"You know, the most frustrating thing about navigating a thriving metropolis is how quickly new construction springs up, yes?" he says, flicking the fleece into the wind. It wafts through the air until it lands in the street, where it takes on the appearance of brick, then expands quickly, until it builds itself into a full-fledged wall that blocks the kobolds' line of fire.

"Now, let's get the bloody hells out of here. And no more out of you!" he says to Cartha, shoving a rag in the mouth of the bound man on his shoulder.

OOC: Using his last 1st level spell to cast Silent Image. At 3rd level, he should be able to create 6 10-foot squares, more than enough to create a figment of a wall, I think? Kobolds get a save if they interact, which I assume would have to entail them either firing at it or one of them being foolish enough to jump on it and take falling damage. ;)

[sblock=resources]HP: 16/24
Spells remaining: 1st: 0/4[/sblock]

Remove ads