• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

B6: The Veiled Society - IC

Theroc

First Post
Kynar frowns at the procession, and his frown deepens as Barek attempted to intervene. Should they be drawn into combat, he'd be unarmed! He moved towards Razak, whispering lightly.

"Razak, my weapons are bound... if a fight breaks out, I won't be much help unless we deal with these knots..."

At that, he simply did his best to look mildly imposing in his armor and confident in his skills.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=ooc] good question a little sleight of hand?? could that be used to lossen the knots so they appear still tied or make it so that it would be a full round action to draw the weapon (meaning slightly knotted but easy enough to be drawn) [/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]Yes :) If the weapon is not really bound, a declared perception check could potentially reveal that. If the knots are loose, drawing the weapon is a full round action that provokes AOO.[/sblock]

The men turn to look at Barek, but turn back to the confrontation with determined looks on their faces.

Two men in green livery rush in from the crowd. They are burly and sheathed daggers are visible.

"Break it up!" one of them barks. The man in the muck gets up, and he and the other man back off, allowing the procession to proceed. The men in the green uniforms melt back into the crowd.

A woman's face peeks out from the curtain of the sedan chair, but only briefly, and you don't get a good look at her.

The procession continues on with no further incident. The statues and sedan chair are carried through the gate you came in from and out of the city. A few people follow along, but most of the revelers stay in the city and move on to other aspects of the celebration.

ooc: What do you want to do now?

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Barek Fhald, half-orc bard

Barek watches with amused interest as the liveried men break up the fight, then he turns back to his companions and shrugs.

"Can't say that I did much," he admits, "but three cheers for avoiding conflict, eh? That does seem to underscore the fact I think we should be finding some daggers before we do anything else."

Assuming none of his companions object, Barek heads in the direction of the dagger-dealer the guard told them about.

Theroc

First Post
"Can't say that I did much, but three cheers for avoiding conflict, eh? That does seem to underscore the fact I think we should be finding some daggers before we do anything else."

Kynar chuckled lightly at Barek's response, before sighing lightly, remembering his own dilemma.

"I think I'd rather just find someone to pay to walk with my weapons unbound. I'm a swordsman, not a knife-brawler..." The elf grumbled, "It's not as if I'm some murderous thug using my instruments as a means to terrorize the citizens!" However, he did follow Barek without protest, preferring a dagger to no weapon, but definitely feeling the daggers were a step DOWN with regards to his combat effectiveness.

Rhun

First Post
Celythia raises an eyebrow at Kynar's words. "You are in a civilized city, with a dedicated watch force. Why would you need your weapons unbound unless you are planning to start trouble?"

ghostcat

First Post
Caridoc rejoins his friends and say quietly "Spoilsports. A nice little fight was brewing there. Right what's next. Continue to the dagger shop?"

[sblock="OOC:"]
Theroc and I have ended up using the same colour, so I have changed to Magenta.[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
You make your way through the crowd. The vast majority of the people you see are human, but you do see a few elves, dwarves, and halflings as well. Most appear unarmed, though some bear daggers.

Most dress in their best clothes and many wear brightly-colored outfits, those some wear worn but sturdy clothing. Jugglers and fire-eaters are scattered throughout the crowd. The noise from whistles, drums, singing, and chatter makes talking difficult.

The side streets are narrow and twisting, and shadows are long this early evening. There are trenches in the centers of the side streets.

Most buildings stand one or two stories. They are made of dried clay brick or mud and wattle, constructed on a wooden frame. A few buildings are made of stone or fired brick.

A few small shops line the street here. A few blocks from the gate, you see a two story brick shop with a pair of daggers painted over the arched doorway. The points of the daggers touch above the door, with the hilts down and to the sides: /\

Inside, a large dog lifts his head and watches you enter. Behind a large counter is a large man, as well as many daggers and a few other weapons, including a greatsword hanging on the back wall.

"Welcome" the man intones.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Rezak looking like the beggar he is, takes up a postion outside the shop. He usually has trouble with shopkeepers due to his appearance. He spends his time watching the crowd and wondering how much trouble with the local Guild, he would get in if he found a mark before asking.

Leaning against the shops wall he folds his arms and looks on thinking of what his life will be like here in a "grand" city.

Theroc

First Post
"You are in a civilized city, with a dedicated watch force. Why would you need your weapons unbound unless you are planning to start trouble?"

"They don't bind your magic, do they? Use a spell to prevent you from using YOUR weapon, do they? Why should I be treated differently just because my weapon is visible? Besides, the guards specifically excluded daggers... which means a great deal of people likely carry them concealed... I'd rather be prepared, no?" Kynar retorts, a faint grin sliding across his face as he looked at the woman before he turns away again and follows Caridoc and the others towards the weapons shop. He entered, looking about the shop and inspecting the wares of a fellow smith. After all, the boy was somewhat of a bladesmith himself, and wanted to see if the man's work matched up.

"Good day to you sir, how fare you on this fine day?" The swordsman greets politely, despite his eyes not meeting the man as he immediately began inspecting the merchandise.

[sblock=OOC]
Kinem, should I roll some kind of appraisal check for a general gauge of the smith's quality?[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads