• Druid

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Paladin

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Wizard

Votes: 17 48.6%

aco175

Legend
I voted before I read the party make up. I voted on which one I would want to play and not which one would fit in the party the best. I like wizards and thought I could play a bookish type in search for some knowledge McGruffin and will work with the rest of them to get that done. I might choose a more combat type mage, like a Eldritch Knight if I just played something that was more 2nd rank.

Also, another point to think about is that by the time the back up character comes into play, other players may be using their back up as well. I may be hard to fit in with other parties that have changed.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Are you rolling or doing point-buy? I always keep moon druid in reserve for if I roll poorly, as it's the least stat-reliant class.

Tormyr

Adventurer
I voted for wizard because it seemed like a great opportunity to have the 4 old school iconics: fighter, thief, magic user, and priest (or whatever they were called back in the day.

However, whenever a new player comes to the table and says, "What should I play? What is needed?", I tell them to play whatever they have always wanted to play. I have had parties of all spellcasters, parties with no healing, parties with no front-line damage absorbers, and well balanced parties. 5e handles them all. So my real advice would be for you to choose the option that you will have the most fun playing. Don't worry about the party composition so much. As others have pointed out, it could change before you get your backup character to the table.

I voted for wizard because it seemed like a great opportunity to have the 4 old school iconics: fighter, thief, magic user, and priest (or whatever they were called back in the day.

However, whenever a new player comes to the table and says, "What should I play? What is needed?", I tell them to play whatever they have always wanted to play. I have had parties of all spellcasters, parties with no healing, parties with no front-line damage absorbers, and well balanced parties. 5e handles them all. So my real advice would be for you to choose the option that you will have the most fun playing. Don't worry about the party composition so much. As others have pointed out, it could change before you get your backup character to the table.

Haha I didn't even realize that.

EDIT: Oo, Druid and Wizard are neck and neck. Only a one vote difference.

Remove ads