Warlock Overall

Limited Spell Slots

Melee Hexblade

Eldritch Blast is still stronger than melee even if you go:

Hexblade
Pact of the Blade
Thirsting Blade(Invocation)
Lifedrinker(Invocation)

My group also has a hexblade pact of the blade warlock and discovered that e blast is better. We are similarly sad. Our warlock player doesn't care though :)

What do you dislike about limited spell slots?

My group also has a hexblade pact of the blade warlock and discovered that e blast is better. We are similarly sad. Our warlock player doesn't care though :)

I hope if they make it official, they make put more emphasis on using melee with HexBlade/Pact of the ​Blade...just seems reasonable

What do you dislike about limited spell slots?

Ehh..it's not that big of a deal, I have a fighter who also needs short rests soit's not that big of a deal. I just wasn't sure if you were asking warlock in gernal or hexblade.

But it's no fun in parties where you're the only "short rester"

raleel

Explorer
Alright then, voted wizard, and I will specifically say lore wizard. It will provide you with options for days. You will be able to maintain solid damage by making sure you don't hit immunities and resistances (even if you use one of the more sensible house rules that remove force and radiant from options). You can deal with saves, which also makes you consistent. You can add damage with 1st level slots. You can get a familiar and add advantage to the rogue. You can take Skilled and have all of the knowledge type skills at high levels and essentially cover every base that is not covered by the party skill wise. Rituals are super useful.

Essentially, you can cover a lot of bases pretty well and still keep up the damage.

1 more week before we play again, so I'll probably save creating the character till next Friday.

Wizard is way ahead now.

Tanks for all the comments and votes!

Remove ads