D&D Movie/TV Baldurs Gate 3 Live Action Series talks at Netflix

OB1

Jedi Master
So it can use the names and make a pile of hot garbage with them, like it did with Wheel of Time? Or just a kinda incoherent mess like Rings of Power?

Eh they’re all gonna beef it, you’re right at least Amazon isn’t as bad about cancelling stuff for no reason.
Ha, to each their own, I'm loving both WoT and RoP on Amazon. Some of the best fantasy TV I've ever seen.

Gorck

Prince of Dorkness
Ha, to each their own, I'm loving both WoT and RoP on Amazon. Some of the best fantasy TV I've ever seen.
I’m loving RoP and can’t wait for the next season to come out. But I feel like I would enjoy WoT more if I had never read the books. When I watch it, all I wind up doing is noticing all the things that diverge (sometimes drastically) from the books.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I’m loving RoP and can’t wait for the next season to come out. But I feel like I would enjoy WoT more if I had never read the books. When I watch it, all I wind up doing is noticing all the things that diverge (sometimes drastically) from the books.
This is where I am at, for sure.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Wot is literally the worst adaptation I’ve ever seen, and at best “fine” as a fantasy show.

I’d sit in a room with no media for a day before I’d watch another episode.

Definitely in the same boat with WoT.

Zardnaar

Legend
A BG show would need a considerably bigger budget than Game of Thrones, since it's jammed full of fantastic creatures, alien ships and all sorts of weirdness that would require expensive VFX. GoT had 3 dragons. The Mandalorian would be a closer comparison. I mean, even the goblins in Act1 - you going to put kids in rubber masks, then kill them?

Depends if they copy the game or use it as a guide.

Remove ads