D&D Movie/TV Baldurs Gate 3 Live Action Series talks at Netflix

jgsugden

Legend
I would prefer that they took inspiration from BG3, but just did something else in Faerun - or set a story after the events of BG3 (which is hard given the variability in the outcomes). BG3 is well told. You're not going to improve on it, so a good show is going to feel bad and a great show will truggle to feel good in comparison.

If I were going to capitalize upon the game and make a new series I would: 1.) Tell a story that takes place after BG3, 2.) Hire the primary voice talent from BG3 to voice in the show (if not act), 3.) hire Larian and the people that WotC laid off that were part of the start of BG3 to advise, 4.) Do a 5 to 6 year plan with Larian that sets up BG4 (the video game), and 6.) Learn to count.

Vaalingrade

Legend
I get that. But CGI is made to appear ‘realistic’ within the physics of the world/story telling which is not the same as animation from a visual perspective even if created similarly. I understand it is my issue and not necessarily others. But I know a lot of people who watched GoT who would never watch a glorified cartoon.
Unlike GoT, we're talking about good fantasy where realism and physics should be barred at the door and maybe even roughed up a little by the bouncer.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Strong BG3 stories to tell arranged from closest to the core story to furthest away:

1) Focus on Jaheira and Minsc's actions before the game and during act 1 and 2 for Jaheira, include chunks of act 3 for Minsc, as a way to "Rogue One" the story by presenting how the in-game exposition happened through a visual medium.

2) Follow Arabella's journey. 90% of it happens away from the party but the series could be filled in with the Origin characters being a part of the show without -being- the show.

3) Nine Fingers spent weeks fighting against the Stone Lord and the True Souls. Tell a story of criminals fighting the good fight to try and protect the city as the city watch becomes more paranoid and the Flaming Fists rely too heavily on the Steel Watch with all of their particular horrors.

4) Create a different party moving through the same world and having their own adventures against the True Soul/Mindflayer situation backdrop. Occasional cameos of different Origin characters, mentions of Tav, word of Gortash's death shouted out by newspaper hawkers... But a whole other set of quests and adventures in and around Baldur's Gate.

Dire Bare

Legend
The TV show will likely be titled "Baldur's Gate" rather than "Baldur's Gate III", and has a lot more to draw upon than just the current video game. There's, of course, Baldur's Gate I and II, and the current comics that feature Minsc and a new party of adventurers

Adapting the original Baldur's Gate storyline would be something I'd enjoy seeing.

But my only real prediction (and hope) is that Minsc and Boo play prominent roles in the new show!

MarkB

Legend
The TV show will likely be titled "Baldur's Gate" rather than "Baldur's Gate III"
I'm guessing something like "Baldur's Gate: Curse of the Absolute."
and has a lot more to draw upon than just the current video game. There's, of course, Baldur's Gate I and II, and the current comics that feature Minsc and a new party of adventurers

Adapting the original Baldur's Gate storyline would be something I'd enjoy seeing.
Might need to get a bit timey-wimey there, no particular need to have a 100+ year timeskip in the TV series.
But my only real prediction (and hope) is that Minsc and Boo play prominent roles in the new show!
Indeed, them and Karlach and I'll be happy.

worachat8

Villager
I'm thrilled to hear about the potential Baldur's Gate 3 live-action series on Netflix! It's always exciting when popular games get adapted into TV series, and Baldur's Gate has such a rich and immersive world that would be amazing to explore on screen. Can't wait to see how they bring it to life!
By the way, have you ever delved into prince harry net worth? It's quite fascinating to explore the financial side of public figures, especially someone with royal connections like Prince Harry. His net worth reflects not only his royal status but also his personal ventures and philanthropic efforts, offering a deeper insight into wealth and influence.

Last edited:

If this show had a budget like "Game of Thrones," I'd be all for it.
A BG show would need a considerably bigger budget than Game of Thrones, since it's jammed full of fantastic creatures, alien ships and all sorts of weirdness that would require expensive VFX. GoT had 3 dragons. The Mandalorian would be a closer comparison. I mean, even the goblins in Act1 - you going to put kids in rubber masks, then kill them?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Would much rather see a BG3 series done by Amazon or Max.
So it can use the names and make a pile of hot garbage with them, like it did with Wheel of Time? Or just a kinda incoherent mess like Rings of Power?

Eh they’re all gonna beef it, you’re right at least Amazon isn’t as bad about cancelling stuff for no reason.

Remove ads