Baldurs Gate 3

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm playing the stadia version with my son. We just finished the tutorial in Avernus, and made it to the realms... No problems withs bugs so far. Really awesome game, we're enjoying it immensely.

Morrus you could try the stadia verion. we're both on macs using that with no issues.
What's stadia?

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
Wouldn't launch on either of my Macs. I'm going to try to install it in Windows and see if it runs. If not, also asking for my money back.

Last edited:

jsaving

Adventurer
Still, anybody else playing? What do you think?
It's basically Divinity Original Sin 2 with a loosely fitting 5e shell over it. Looks great, sounds great, feels entertaining, will sell really well, but doesn't much resemble past BG titles except for having those words in its name.

MarkB

Legend
After consideration, I got a refund for my Steam purchase and bought the game via Stadia instead. It's not perfect playing that way - occasional drops in video quality and sound skips - but for an early access game that would have been pushing my PC's capabilities in any case, it's a good fit. It's not making my graphics card sound like it's trying to take off, and if there do turn out to be any serious technical issues with the game, it's running on someone else's hardware.

Gameplay-wise I've got through the initial tutorial section, and I'm reasonably impressed so far. No bugs so far, the interface works well, and gameplay seems solid. I did have to do a little control re-binding (adding keyboard controls for camera rotation makes for a much smoother feel to moving around the world) but aside from that it's set up nicely. Looking forward to diving back in after supper, and getting to know the characters better.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
After consideration, I got a refund for my Steam purchase and bought the game via Stadia instead. It's not perfect playing that way - occasional drops in video quality and sound skips - but for an early access game that would have been pushing my PC's capabilities in any case, it's a good fit. It's not making my graphics card sound like it's trying to take off, and if there do turn out to be any serious technical issues with the game, it's running on someone else's hardware.

Gameplay-wise I've got through the initial tutorial section, and I'm reasonably impressed so far. No bugs so far, the interface works well, and gameplay seems solid. I did have to do a little control re-binding (adding keyboard controls for camera rotation makes for a much smoother feel to moving around the world) but aside from that it's set up nicely. Looking forward to diving back in after supper, and getting to know the characters better.
Does Stadia decrease the need for advanced hardware to run games?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases