D&D 5E Barb vs Fighter vs Monk..vs Paladin!

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
One day I'm going to finish my combat simulator that can give success rates and resources expenditures and rounds to kill distributions for various single PC vs single Monster scenarios.

While I think DPR and damage taken are great simple analysis tools, I believe actually having a combat between the fighter and the monster simulated about 100000 times will yield more realistic results in the end.

One day I'm going to finish my combat simulator that can give success rates and resources expenditures and rounds to kill distributions for various single PC vs single Monster scenarios.

While I think DPR and damage taken are great simple analysis tools, I believe actually having a combat between the fighter and the monster simulated about 100000 times will yield more realistic results in the end.

That's what the script I posted does (http://www.tryfsharp.org/create/maxw...terCompare.fsx). Naturally it's pretty primitive, and I'm sure your combat simulator will be better and more complex when it's finished, but for right now half a loaf is better than none. You could tweak minotaur HP/Damage/AC to represent different monsters.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Nice, I like your simulator so far. Maybe I missed it but is your simulator capable of calculating a players chance to kill a single minator?

Nice, I like your simulator so far. Maybe I missed it but is your simulator capable of calculating a players chance to kill a single minator?

Right now it can send you up against one minotaur at a time and tell you how many you killed on average before dying. You could use that number as a rough proxy for a percentage chance to kill one: if it's over 1.0, your odds are probably close to 100%, and if it's 0.6 your odds are probably about 60%.

If you want the strict probability for one fight, you could tweak the script to make it give you one fight and then stop (modify the FightTillDeath function to NOT call itself again in case of victory).

GainVanquish

First Post
As im new here just found this thread.

Currently playing Monk 4 elements at level 3 in HOTDQ. Against Rezmir (Dragonborn) all my party got knocked to 0 HP (Barb, Paladin, Warlock with huge THP). Our bard also got hit some too but survived. However i managed to do the most damage using Flurry, water whip and bonus actions without being hit once. Adopted the tatic of moving in hit and moving out using Dodge and such like. I'm excited to get to high levels and then adding additional feats

gyor

Legend
I think the Way of Shadow Monk aka Ninja aka Shadowdancer job isn't the same as a fighter, Paladin, Barbarian.

The Shadow Monks are the best scouts in the game and the way a Shadow Monk would approach combat with three minataurs is different from how the other classes would deal with such a fight.

Enter combat invisible, teleport behind an enemy hit him with advantage and a stunning strike, move away out of the reach of the other minatours, and basically do the same.

Or the Shadow Monk would simply aviod the fight altogther if the Monk does need the Minatuars dead to achieve the objective.

Remove ads